I have been blessed with an opportunity to travel to Haiti from July 26th - August 2nd of this year with my home church Coastline Calvary Chapel . Some of you may or may not know, but I have been waiting over 5 years now to go on a mission trip, and finally the opportunity has come to fruition. I am excited, nervous, and hopeful as this will be my first! I will be traveling and working with 18 other members of my church in conjunction with Mission of Hope , which is based out of Haiti.
My goal on this trip is summed up in this verse: "In the same way, let your LIGHT SHINE before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your Father who is in heaven." Matthew 5:16
I am truly open and willing to do whatever God has planned for me during these 8 days. I have travelled all over the world, but never in this capacity. I hope to encourage the discouraged, share God's love and promise and provide manual labor and hugs where ever and when ever I can on this mission. I know God already has His plan in place for how I fit into this trip. I look forward to experiencing it first hand and being a servant and example of Him.
Yet, in order to go on the trip, I am in need of support in various ways. Here's how you can help:
1) Donate funds. I need help covering my travel expenses as well as some special projects we plan to do while we are in different villages. My total expenses are $1350. You can support me through GoFundMe OR (for tax purposes) mail a check written to Coastline Calvary Chapel with "Mission Trip Lauren Edwards" in the memo line to:
Coastline Calvary Chapel
310 Mountain Drive,
Destin FL 32459
2) Pray. I also need prayer (before, during and after the trip) for me, our team, Mission of Hope, the Haitians we get to interact, our translators/guids and the country itself.
3) Eat. For those that live in the Destin area, come eat a Haitian Lunch in Destin after church on June 25th. All proceeds go towards our trip.
4) Donate supplies. We are taking a couple of extra suitcases filled with food and hygeine products. If you'd like to help with this, email me and I'll send you the full list of items and quanity we are looking to collect.
5) Buy a T-shirt. I can buy you one and mail it to you, or you can purhcase one at church and tell Shara that you would like it applied towards my trip. These are $20 and $6 goes towards my trip. Here is what they look like.
If you want to know more, I am happy to share with you.
With much GRATITUDE and LOVE to all of you for your support <3 Lauren
Who is Mission of Hope?
- Jay & Alexa Osborne
- Lori Brooks
- Erica Gomez
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more