LAOSD: B2W Lao Refugees Exhibit Fundraiser
Between Two Worlds: Untold Stories of Refugees from Laos (B2W) is a project of the Center for Lao Studies.
In partnership with the Center For Lao Studies (CLS), Lao Advocacy Organization of San Diego (LAOSD) is proud to make San Diego The Between Two Worlds: Untold Stories of Refugees from Laos exhibit's permanent home! We aim to share our stories nationally and to help many who are new to our stories understand the complexities of our two worlds. LAOSD is passionate about supporting education programs like B2W and many more opportunities to engage our youth and communities. We need your help to bring this cultural and historical exhibit to San Diego!
With your generous donation, LAOSD will utilize funds to:
- Transport and store exhibit assets in San Diego
- Expand the exhibit to include the experience of Lao refugees in the Philippines
- Include more historical items from local/regional families
- Train and staff the exhibit
- Support volunteers
It is with great hope that we open the exhibit in 2023 and we cannot do it without your help.
In honor of your support,
- Donors of any amount will be recognized on our website
- $500 and up will be recognized on our website and your name will be placed on our donor wall
- $1000 and up will be recognized on our website, receive LAOSD merchandise, name on donor wall, and honored at our opening ceremony
Thank you to our local organization supporters and partners:
- Lao American Coalition(LAC)
- Lao Community Cultural Center(LCCC)
- Wat Lao Buddharam SD
In 2009, the Center for Lao Studies (CLS) launched the Lao Oral History Archive (LOHA) project to document the untold stories of Lao refugees in the U.S. through audio and video media. The LOHA project team interviewed over 20 families of varying ethnicities in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, and Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN, and captured the stories of their journeys from life in Laos, to experiences in “reeducation” and refugee camps, to relocation and settlement in the United States.
DonationsSee top donations
Fundraising team: LAOSD (8)
Margaret Mimie Rattanachane
Raised $650 from 3 donations
San Diego, CA
Center for Lao Studies
Donations are typically 100% tax deductible in the US.
Raised $1,820 from 9 donations
Raised $1,810 from 15 donations
Raised $610 from 4 donations
Raised $580 from 6 donations