On Tuesday, July 3rd, they were all upstairs watching TV. Something made Dad get up and when he opened the bedroom door he was faced with black smoke. The fire started in the kitchen and in just seconds the house was in flames. They all got out safely and both my sister and I thank all the angels and saints that watched over our family. My heart broke into pieces when I heard my papi describe the horrible experience as they stood outside in shock watching their house go up in flames.
A shout out and many thanks to all the DR firefighters that arrived at the scene and assisted our parents and aunt to safety!
Our parents are safe and staying with friends but they have a very long journey ahead of them to rebuild their home. Both are retired and live on a fixed income making it very difficult for them to afford home owners insurance.
They lost evey possesion they worked so hard for.
We are reaching out to all our friends and family members to make a donation to help with expenses in rebuilding their home. Any amount you could contribute will be greatly appreciated. No donation is too small.
Please keep our family in your prayers!
Geidy & Iris