LAIKEN's Surgical Journey

LAIKEN underwent a surgical insemination on Monday 9/17. She picked up an infection during the surgery and after being dismissed by the reproduction veterinarian on 9/20, she was rushed to the emergency clinic on 9/21 to immediately have surgery. She has not been able to sufficiently fight this infection; and according to her latest blood work and results of other testing, is at a very high risk of the infection going septic. We have been told that another emergency surgery (her 4th) is our only chance at saving her life. Even at that, she must be strong enough to fight off the infection, or else we may lose her to it. But, if you know our girl, you know she's stubborn as hell! 

We are raising money to help with the vet bills, as they have piled on and become an astronomic expense. We won't let it stop us from saving our sweet 2 year old, but definitely appreciate any help we can get, as the costs are adding up quickly. Her surgery alone today required a $6k deposit. 

I will be posting updates on this page to help everyone follow along with her RECOVERY (because she will make it!) . 


 GoFundMe Guarantee

Only donations on our platform are protected by the GoFundMe Guarantee.

  • Margaret Holding-Barrett 
    • $30 
    • 20 mos
  • Blake Gilliam  
    • $20 
    • 20 mos
  • Meagan Gregory 
    • $195 
    • 26 mos
  • Danette Brown 
    • $50 
    • 26 mos
  • Barrie Rappaport 
    • $10 
    • 26 mos
See all


Sarah Rosenbaum 
Waxhaw, NC
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more