Kyle's new wheelchair

My brother Kyle has been through more in his 28 years than most people will go through in a lifetime. His biggest challenge has been his complete spinal cord injury, forcing him to rely on a wheelchair to get around, as he is paralyzed from the waist down. When he was 19, he moved out west to make a life for himelf. He had  a great job that he worked hard at, until one day on his way home along a rural back road,  he lost control of his pick up truck and rolled it several times, being ejected out the window in the process. He landed on the hard ground and immediately knew that he couldn't feel his legs. Not only that, but he soon realized that both of his severely broken arms weren't helping much either. Along with broken ribs and a punctured lung, he laid there hoping someone saw or heard the crash. Thankfully a man that lived nearby did, and after several minutes of searching, he came across Kyle. That man saved his life that day.  After years of rehab,  Kyle got back out into the workforce, but recently has lost his job. The wheelchair he has been using was actually a used demo that he got for a great price while in rehab more than 9 years ago, but it has now seen it's day and he needs a new one. Fortunately Kyle's insurance has covered 90 percent of the cost of his new chair, but the chair is now almost ready to be picked up and the remaining 10 percent balance (2,500$) is due. Due to the loss of his job, this 2,500$ is impossible for him to come up with on his own. Kyle is one of the most generous people I know, he would literally give you the shirt off of his back. He has worked hard and supported himself  despite all of his physical pain and challenges, but now he needs a bit of help. If anyone is able to donate toward his new wheelchair we would be very grateful. Thanks very much.

Donations

  • Marlene Plant 
    • $100 
    • 27 mos
  • Jacob Savoie  
    • $40 
    • 27 mos
  • Melissa Butland  
    • $25 
    • 27 mos
  • Kyle Arbeau 
    • $40 
    • 27 mos
  • Shawna Butland 
    • $20 
    • 27 mos
See all

Organizer

Monica McNally Scott 
Organizer
Oshawa, ON
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more