Kyla's Tumor Removal Surgery Expenses

In October 2020 we found a large internal tumor in Kyla's abdomen. 
[3inch x 9inch and believed to be a benign (non-cancerous) fatty Lipoma]

This summer-sausage sized tumor was starting to push on Kyla's rectal canal, and since we don’t want to risk a full blockage (which would be end-of-life), we are looking at getting it either removed (surgery) or reduced in size (laser targeted radiation therapy). No radiation therapy options exist in TN so we have travelled to CO - to receive treatment at CSU's Veterinary Teaching Hospital, in perfect time to spend the holidays with family.

********
Day 1 (12/17/20):
Today miss Kyla met her integrative team of doctors up at CSU’s Animal Cancer Center. They absolutely loved her and said she was very happy and so loving!
They did a basic physical exam and said she appears to be in no physical pain, all organs/heart/lungs sound great, she seems to have normal activity, and they ran a blood panel as well. We are scheduled for her CT Scan tomorrow and once they have those current results, we will be discussing all options with her team.

Day 2 (12/18/2020):
Kyla had her 2nd CT scan today (first in September 2020)... the tumor has grown slightly but not too much. Bloodwork came back normal. She is sleepy but handled it like a champ!   The following 24 hours were not so pleasant, Kyla seemed to be in a lot of discomfort and whimpered/cried constantly as the anesthesia wore off... but we made it through with lots of love and snuggles, and by the next day she was back to her normal happy self. 

Her team of medical, surgical and radiation doctors unanimously agree that she is a candidate for surgical removal of the tumor, and that this will give us the best outcome and long-term quality of life.

Radiation therapy will not be able to reduce the size of the lipoma, and would only be able to build up some scar tissue around it, to hopefully prevent it from continuing to grow. However she would still have the tumor present in her if we go this route, and they doctors all feel she would be better off if it were removed.

So... we are awaiting a call to schedule her surgery, and are praying for an easy removal with no complications!

Day 3: (12/22/2020)
Surgery has been scheduled for January 7th, 2021. 
We are expecting combined costs for her treatments to exceed $10,000.  
Thankfully, she does have pet insurance which will cover the bulk of the treatment costs, however I am looking at about $2000+ in medical and travel expenses. 

Several friends have asked if I had a gofundme setup... so I decided to do just that.  

*****************

Please send love, prayers, good mojo, or whatever positive energy you can for her to have a safe and successful surgery, and a smooth recovery (and her mama to stop worrying). 

And, if you are able to donate, both Kyla and I would appreciate that so so much - every little bit helps.  

All our love! xx
Kyla & Carrie

Donations

  • Gina Marovic 
    • $50 
    • 25 d
  • Savannah Humphrey 
    • $25 
    • 26 d
  • Kim Sims 
    • $25 
    • 26 d
  • Fabian Sanchez  
    • $40 
    • 26 d
  • Rebecca Chartrand  
    • $50 
    • 26 d

Organizer

Carrie Sims 
Organizer
Old Hickory, TN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more