Kumi's Recovery

On December 8th our 2-year-old Siberian husky Ikkuma ("Kumi-Bear") suddenly started having trouble breathing and coughing up large quantities of blood. Larry rushed him to the ER where they determined he had not been poisoned but had a large unidentified mass in his neck that was not only hemorrhaging but also making breathing difficult for him. Bulger Animal hospital monitored him over night to make sure he was stable. This morning he was transferred to Mass Vet in Woburn where he is awaiting CT scan and surgery and then further treatment pending the diagnosis. Most of those close to us already know that Larry and I are expecting a baby on May 28th and the cost of these tests has already used a significant portion of our savings. Pet insurance with reimburse us a portion of it, but a large amount will go uncovered. We know the holidays are difficult, and we appreciate any small amount of help. The money will help cover the $5800 in expenses already incurred from testing, overnight monitoring, the CT scan and the pending surgery. Costs beyond this are expected but unknown as of right now. We will continue to update everyone on his condition as it unfolds. Please help us bring our "bear cub" home and continue to get the care and treatment he needs... 

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts, 
Katie and Larry
  • Amelia Bennenbroek  
    • $100 
    • 44 mos
  • Ann Spires 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Claire Levey 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 45 mos
  • Deb Satoh 
    • $30 
    • 45 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Katelyn Bourdeau 
Haverhill, MA
Lawrence Bourdeau 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more