The Kuharski Story

The Kuharski Rollercoaster:

During the summer of 2017, Michelle and Kyle were so excited to find out they were expecting their first baby!!! That excitement doubled when they found out they would not only be having one, BUT TWO babies due March 2018. During the gender sonogram, it was discovered they were having two perfect little boys.

As Michelle’s pregnancy progressed she developed complications which sent her into preterm labor at only 25 weeks. While she was in the hospital, the Doctors noticed their perfect little, VERY little, boys also had complications. It was confirmed, they had twin to twin syndrome. Twin A was receiving most of the blood flow and nutrients from the umbilical cord while twin B was getting very little. Twin B also didn’t have any amniotic fluid. Michelle battled labor for 8 days and finally delivered the twins on December 20th 2017 at 26 weeks.

Welcome to the world Jordy Preston Kuharski and Oliver John Kuharski. Jordy came first and weighed 2.4 pounds and was 13.1 inches long. Oliver was only a few minutes behind him and weighed a whopping 1.6 pounds and was 11.8 inches long. The first moments were very scary because Jordy’s heart had been pumping double time due to the excess blood flow he was receiving in utero and the doctors weren’t sure what damage it might have caused. And Oliver was a whole other story, we were scared that his vital organs might not be fully formed enough to live on the outside yet due to his lack of nutrients (which is what caused him to be so much smaller). The boys were rushed to the NICU and were immediately intubated and put on the ventilator to help them breath. Since then It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs with the boys. First, they were having trouble putting weight on and then it was their oxygen levels going up and down.

Currently Jordy is on this thing called bubble CPAP (it’s what people that snore use) and he has been pacing on the ounces. Oliver, on the other hand, is still struggling. They tried him on the CPAP for about a week and he didn't tolerate it as well as Jordy. So, he was re-intubated and put back on the ventilator. Kyle has been talking to the NICU Doctors and they are estimating that the boys won’t be able to come home until at least the end of March.

Michelle has been fighting her own battle while her sons have been in the NICU. She has a serious case of postpartum depression. She was battling depression during her pregnancy, but it has since intensified since giving birth. She was hospitalized until January 9th, 2018. Upon her release, Kyle took her up to Baylor, Grapevine to go see the twins. While she was in the NICU, staring at her beautiful baby, Oliver, she had a seizure. She fell, hit her head, and was admitted to Baylor Grapevine without as much as one night sleep in her own bed. They monitored her there for three days to make sure she did not have a brain bleed and then she was released. On another trip to see the babies, Michelle had another seizer. Her 2nd one ever in her lifetime, this time again in the NICU, again looking at Oliver. The only difference, Kyle caught her, so she did not hurt herself during the incident. Michelle was admitted and released on the same day. She followed up with a neurosurgeon, but he didn’t give much insight into what could be causing them. On January 26th, Kyle woke up to Michelle having her 3rd seizure in the bed next to him. She was taken to the hospital and spent 3 days there before being released. On January 29th, Michelle overdosed on medication and Kyle found her unresponsive. Michelle spent 3 days on life support and it was unsure whether she would live through this or if her brain would be fully functioning. By the complete grace of God, she started breathing on her own, and when she woke up 4 days later, she was perfectly fine.

Currently Michelle has been transported to an impatient care hospital to work on her depression.

Kyle was unsure about having a Go Fund Me but I am glad that he has agreed. It takes a village to raise a baby and they have two babies. Kyle spends his days split between being a full-time student, hours spent at the hospital with his sons, and visiting Michelle at whatever hospital she is at. He is travelling constantly from place to place and also taking care of their house and two dogs.

My hopes in you reading this is, be thankful. Be thankful for what you have and your journey because for some the road is a little bumpier. Prayers! The Kuharski family could use your prayers. Prayers for the boys to grow big and strong. Prayers for Michelle to get healthy so she can be the best mom to her boys. And prayers for Kyle that he continues to be the glue for this family. Lastly, if you find it in your heart to help monetarily, I know a little bit can go a long way. If everyone gives a little, it can really add up. Let’s be a Village.

- Lauren Walker (Friend of Michelle and Kyle)

Kyle will be back to post updates so make sure to follow along to see this family be reunited
  • Anonymous
    • $200 
    • 57 mos
  • Carole Paul
    • $40 
    • 58 mos
  • Deborah Yates
    • $100 
    • 58 mos
  • Jenny Church
    • $100 
    • 58 mos
  • Jenny Johnson
    • $50 
    • 59 mos
See all


Kyle Lazer Kuharski
Lantana, TX

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.