Autumn's Surgery/Hospital Costs

The Battle has been lost and our beautiful girl has passed over to Rainbow Bridge.

We NOW have in excess of $8000 of Vet Bills (accrued in 72 hours!)  Crazy but we had to give her a chance and the prognosis was that this would work.  Sadly it didn't.

We want to thank those people who have donated both via this and privately.  We  have applied for Vet Plan fees but they will not cover all of the costs.  

PLEASE, PLEASE share - that's all you have to do.  We know that not everyone can give but sharing is just a click and already we have had people who we don't know have helped us.

As previously said, we have literally thousands of books to sell, plus jewellery plus other things and I'm sure you will find something.  To us every single cent counts.

Read further for the story.

Autumn was one of our beautiful Norwegian Forest cats.  She wa s 6.5years old.  She was badly injured, operated on and came through surgery but then for some reason went down hill and lost her battle despite all efforts.

At the moment the Vets are trying to stabilise her to give her the best chance for surgery.   She has a lot of soft tissue damage and has a hernia which her intestines are coming through.  Until they operate they don't know if her bowel, bladder, liver, spleen have been compromised.     They were hoping to operate this morning but that is not possible so it will either be this afternoon or even tomorrow if she gets that far.

Estimates are a minimum of $5,500 which we simply don't have.  (We have applied for VetPlan and are waiting to hear back but we also need to pay as we go)

Over the years we have given to many causes like these and have regular monthly donations to an animal shelter but now we need help PLEASE.

We have 300 friends on our Facebook page.  If everyone was able to put in even $10 or $20 it would help.   AND if you can all share that would be great.
We have already had some offers of donations which is wonderful.

Asking for help is not something we do lightly but at the moment we have no option.  There is no guarantee that even with the surgery Autumn will make it through but I hope you understand we have to give her every opportunity we possibly can.

We don't expect anything for nothing - we can offer you things like books from our sales stock, jewellery/ accessories, snuffle mats etc - we need the cash to pay the vets and we are happy to barter to get it if that's what it takes.

Thank you  SO much for anyone that can help in any way.   Deanne and  Family.


Deanne Hanchant
Uraidla SA

Your easy, powerful, and trusted home for help

  • Easy

    Donate quickly and easily.

  • Powerful

    Send help right to the people and causes you care about.

  • Trusted

    Your donation is protected by the  GoFundMe Giving Guarantee.