April 4th 2018 - at 1:30am, Olya (my wife), Makua (our 2 yr old son), and I were sleeping on the third floor of our newly renovated home here in Bali, Indonesia. Olya was awakened by a noise and thought there was someone downstairs.
The sound was actually a fire that started near the back of the TV! Thick black smoke rising through stairwell prevented us from getting down to the first and second floors. With no other choice, we climbed out onto the 3rd floor roof and jumped into the swimming pool with Makua in our arms. It could have been much worse… We’re safe… and very grateful.
I put every last cent into making this house a home for our family during our two year lease . What was our newly renovated dream home for our son and a blessing for the owners is now so badly damaged by fire and smoke that we can’t stay until we repair it. The electrical main is in question, The walls and furniture are badly burned, thick black smokey film covers the freshly painted walls, and our rental contract with the landlord is possibly in question. I work 3 weeks on in Australia, and then I spend one week here with my family to provide a roof over their heads. We need your help.
Please show your support by helping me provide a temporary roof over our heads and repair our rented home. The stress on our relationship with the owners is hanging over our heads, as they are not responsible for the costs of the repair. The repair costs includes having new temples and blessings for the property, furnishings, electrical, cosmetic and structural repairs all need to be made as soon as possible, and unfortunatly as we have a two year lease this is left to us to try and figure out.
I have been there for many of you in times of need, so please help us get back on our feet by giving anything… Everything helps. We Thank You! Koby, Olya, and Makua.
- Louise Nellis
- Julie Makarenko
- Donna Mcknight
- Nick Niven
- Irit Gan eden