In the early morning hours of Friday, May 28th one of our senior citizens of Knox County lost everything he owned in a tragic house fire. Fortunately, this man was able to escape harm by exiting the rear of his residence that he’s lived in for 66 years that was previously owned by his deceased parents.
He’s a very simple, humbled man with no wife, children, or family members to turn to for help. He has lived here with no running water or electricity for years and was using a gas generator when the fire started.
He receives disability due to a stroke 10 years ago that prevents him from working. I was fortunate enough to meet this man recently through other members of the Sheriff’s Office that wanted to keep this man from being a statistic. We refuse to let him be lost and forgotten and vow to help provide him shelter on the land he was raised on and owns.
Funds raised will be used to continue to provide a hotel room for him until a camper or small trailer can be purchased to be placed on his land. Long term goal is to seek assistance to graze his burned home and build a permanent home for this gentleman to live a decent life in.
Please help our fellow Knox County citizen with any amount of love offering you can provide and please pray for “Mr. M” as he goes through these next few weeks and months adjusting to a new life.
- Birdie and Beaux Burkett
- Sheila Palmer
- Katrina Fox
- Carmen Stevens
- Kimberly Ashbrook