WHY I AM RUNNING:
I’m running for Mayor because I believe that we can only become and continue to be a great city by bringing about real and positive change and progress for all Allentonians. This city requires someone who exhibits strong leadership and has the moral fortitude to rise above petty partisan bickering, brinkmanship, and obstruction and in the process position Allentown to take the mantle as the rising star city. Over the last few months, I have spent a lot of time in this town pounding the pavements, knocking on doors, making phone calls, having fireside chats and talking to ordinary people of this beautiful city. I have no doubt in my mind that many of you have the same feeling as I do that beneath our feet lies a well of untapped potential that can only be harnessed with strong, dedicated and visionary leadership.
VISION & MISSION -CITY OF ALLENTOWN:
To be a regional model of transformation, inclusive economic growth and prosperity fueled by its multicultural and diverse community of people and businesses that are open to new and unlimited possibilities
To create bountiful opportunities and shared prosperity for all Allentonians through economic growth, job creation, service delivery, strengthened and empowered communities and neighborhoods
1.Creating good paying jobs
2. Rooting out corruption ,no contracts in exchange for campaign contributions
3. Fair and transparent tender system
4. Crime eradication
5. Combating drug addiction
6. Reforming the criminal justice system
7. Having laws and policies that spur investment and ignite socio-economic development that has a multiplier effect.
8. Reforming education system to ensure focus on maths and science and practical and technical courses
9. Focusing on rehabilitation of roads and crumbling infrastructure.
10. Investment in infrastructure projects including more recreational and entertainment facilities, retail, water supply and bridges
11. Maintaining law & order, provide safety and security in our neighborhoods.
12. Maintaining a quality health and hospital network and recruiting the best doctors to the area
13.Campaign finance reform needed
14.Making housing more affordable to accommodate more residents of the city of allentown
15.Spending tax dollars more responsibly and using the savings to protect services for the most vulnerable in our society.
- Nana Kodom
- Lucy Mamadou
- Mildred Nyakunengwa
- Stephen Simunyu
- Kuda Mpofu