Kiara Sunday Lundberg

10/25 Update:
Kiara can not be left alone because she is now having seizures. I don’t  like asking for 
help, but I am so tired. It feels like fix her a meal she tries to eat, she has a seizure, I
get her settled, try to clean up and update her doctors, she wakes up hungry because she can’t finish one meal and she tries to eat again and it all starts all over again. I
can’t get one mess cleaned up before she has another one. I am scared, frustrated,
sleep deprived, and irritated with the situation. None of this is her fault it is really
hard watching her go through this. 

On Tuesday 10/20 Kiara went in to have another mri, but this time with contrast to
be able to look at the cyst better and had a seizure. Later that day she had an
appointment with the neurosurgeon at UT where it was decided that the cyst could
be causing the migraines, but it is not certain. So he wants to wait for surgery until Tx Childrens can have a chance to try and see if the medication that she is on is going to help. On Wednesday 10/21 she went in to see her neurologist and as the doctor was examining her she had another seizure and was sent down to the er. Before the er      was able to get an iv in she had another one. She was transported to the Tx Childrens downtown. During dinner and breakfast Thursday morning she had more. After
getting her hooked up to eeg and camera she had another one while eating lunch. The eeg did not show that these events are not true seizures, but pseudo seizures and
decided to discharge her and follow up with psychiatry. While getting dressed she
had another one and fell to the floor. Needless to say we stayed another night and
during dinner she had another one. Friday comes around and again during breakfast and lunch she has more and once she wakes up from the last one she gets discharged   again. Now at home just by ourselves while eating dinner she has another one. Now
Saturday she has two more. Again after eating a few bites of breakfast and again
during lunch. I can’t leave her by herself and it feels like the doctors don’t really know
what is going one with her.

Cory has been at the hospital and taking Kiara to appointments and has been unable
to work which has made it where she can’t make all her bills this month, between
food and gas and missing work she is struggling. Please donate whatever you are
willing and able to help with. She truly appreciates it. We don’t know when she will be returning to work because there is a lot of appointments still to come to figure out      exactly the next step needs to be.

The following are updates from while Kiara 
was in the Hospital.

9/30 Update: Kiara has been discharged still  with a massive migraine and her back in              excruciating pain. Most of her follow up appointments have been made, records in.      the process of being sent to a new neurologist that specializes in the type of cyst she has.

9/29 Update: The spinal tap came back normal and she is in a lot of pain in her back    now. They want her to follow up with the pain specialist  and her neurologist.

Please keep Kiara Sunday Lundberg in your prayers. She has been living with a             migraine for six weeks as well as several other issues going on including not being        able to sleep. Her neurology team has tried multiple medications to break it, but          nothing has worked. She was admitted to Tx Childrens downtown on the 22nd to          undergo treatment for her headache and with no response was sent home the 24th  with a preventive medication. Unfortunately  on the 25th her headache got much      worse and we were advised by her neurologist to return  to the ER. With more               treatment and no response she was admitted again Saturday morning. Kiara had a CT which came back fine and a MRI which showed a 5 mm pineal gland cyst. At this very              moment Kiara has had to be put under sedation to have a spinal tap to find out if she has any built up spinal fluid that could be causing pressure. Right before we came        downstairs for the procedure the neurosurgeon came in to let us know that he              doesn’t believe that the cyst has anything to do with the headaches, but does feel like it needs to be followed. I have already contacted a neurologist at UT that specializes   in pineal glad cysts so we can get a second opinion. I have not been able to work            during this time since I have been staying at the hospital with  her. Luckily Karissa and Emma have been able to stay at Jeff’s house and between everyone there, they have been able to get back and forth to school and swim practice. Unfortunately Kiara and I were unable to be  with Karissa on Sunday for her 15th birthday, but we did call her  to wish her a happy birthday. We are hoping that the results of the spinal  tap will         explain the reasoning for the headaches. Please show your support by praying that      the doctors find a reasoning for the headaches and Kiara’s pain decreases. Thank you in advance. 


 See top
  • Victoria Acreman 
    • $50 
    • 26 d
  • Denise Williams 
    • $200 
    • 1 mo
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
  • Nicole Acreman 
    • $100 
    • 1 mo
  • Christian Johnson 
    • $50 
    • 1 mo
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

Jennifer Sunday 
Houston, TX
Cory Lundberg 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more