Vet examined Cats Domino and did not seem concerend. She took x-rays, gave her a shot, gave us some medicine, and sent us on our way. That very night, Cats Domino began breathing with her mouth open - not heavily - but open. We thought it was because she didn't like the taste of the medicine we were giving her.
The next morning, Cats Domino started wheezing heavily. We made another appointment for the vet that very afternoon. The vet suggested we take her to the ER.
When we took her to the ER they admitted her with a $3000 - 5000 quote, and life saving procedures and diagnostic tests kept escalating - bringing us to be about $12,000 deep into our vet and medical bills and still climbing. We also have yet to get results to a few different diagnostic tests which will determine our next steps for treatment and additional costs.
The money will be going towards the care she needs to treat the life threatening symptoms while performing further diagnostics to find out exactly what is going on. Every vet we have talked to has said whatever is happening, it is extremely rare. Pending the results of these diagnostics, the money will also go to doing the best we can to return Cats Domino to her pouncy self.
All of her other vitals and bloodwork indicate a healthy cat, but because the issue is in the trachea and effects her breath, if we stop treatment now she will definitely die. She is only three years old. Each decision we have had to make this weekend and week have been between thousands of dollars and saying goodbye to our cat. This came on so suddenly and we cannot fathom parting ways with her, so we are hemmoraging money.
Joe (my husband and cat dad) brought Cats Domino home the day he proposed to me. We love her as a member of our family. She's not a typical cat. She plays fetch. She greets us at the door. She's cuddly and playful and social. We just love her so much, and her success through this is so important to us, although it is financially crippling.
Because of her young age, the fact that the rest of her vitals and bloodwork are solid, and this came on so suddenly we are optimistic in treatment, but we don't want to get to a point where we literally cannot go on. Please help us cover part of what we have come up against and further treatment, so that we can continue to help Cats Domino!