Karissa Meacham's Medical Fund

I'm Karissa's younger brother James. We recently got news that Karissa has a large tumor on her brain. Not too long ago, she started having trouble seeing out of one of her eyes. It kept getting worse, so she finally went to the eye doctor to get it checked out. They sent her in for an MRI and they got the scans back fairly quickly. To her and our family's suprise, there was a large tumor creating all the vision problems. It was a frightening moment, not only for her but for her entire family. She called me that night very upset about how she didn't want to lose her 4 year old son. After a long night and couple days she finally was sent to a specialist who, because of the seriousness of the problem, sent her to the University of Utah hosptial. They went in and found that the tumor was very large and have scheduled surgery on Tuesday October 31st. At this point they are not quite sure if it's cancerous or not, but they will be able to remove at least 90% of the tumor. The other 10% is wrapped around a main artery in her brain which will most likely have to be removed through radiation.

She will be out of work for at least 2 months and is in need of help to support her family because a lot of her family's bills depend on her income. Her husband will want to be by her side the whole way helping her in any way possible, as I'm sure any husband, including myself, would want to be. He will also be the main caretaker for their 4 year old son. The reason I am setting up a GoFundMe page is because they have no Health Insurance and she mentioned to me that brain surgery is well over $100,000.  Not only that but her husband shouldn't be at work worrying about providing; he should be with her and their son making sure they are doing okay.

If you are able to help out in any way, even a little bit would be very much appreciated. I moved into my sister's house when I was a sophmore in highschool. At the time, she was newly married and took care of me literally like her own child. She would have done anything for me and still continues to be that way for everyone around her. This GoFundMe is all about giving back to someone who would literally do anything for anyone. She is an amazing person and her and her family deserve all the help that they can get.
  • Ray Goode 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 45 mos
  • Deven Willardson 
    • $20 
    • 46 mos
  • Chris Hyer 
    • $500 
    • 46 mos
  • Shantel Bishoff 
    • $50 
    • 46 mos
See all

Organizer and beneficiary

James Holmes 
Organizer
Brigham City, UT
Karissa Meacham 
Beneficiary
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more