On the morning of August 31st, 2018 at approximately 3:15am The Brito family awoke to the smell of smoke and fire in their home. Upon waking up they saw heavy clouds of smoke surrounding the entire apartment, they quickly went to grab their kids Saniya (4) and Avery (2) then tried to exit through the back porch. Very quickly they realized that the fire was starting to make its way inside their home through the back. Alarmed and panicked they ran to the front door of their 3rd floor unit home and saw that the stairway was completely covered in smoke, making it hard to breathe/see, but thankfully, they successfully made their way out of the building.
The fire is believed to have started on the lower level of the back porch then made its way up to the third floor. They were the last people out of the building and made it out just in time before the flames took over everything they had ever worked for. Now, they are temporarily homeless with two little ones, a 2 year old 4 year old who is starting preschool this upcoming week. In the meantime, we would like to please ask everyone to share this story to their friends/family who can help donate to get this family back on their feet. Everything is greatly appreciated, thank you and god bless.