I was hit by a car on my bike in late October of 2016. The whole left side of my body absorbed the impact, I suffered a traumatic brain injury and was disabled for 10 months afterward.
The guy who hit me, stopped, apologized and admitted that he did not check the green painted bike lane before turning right. I was in a protected lane heading south on SE 26th, towards the SE Powell intersection when he turned right, right hooking me into the curb. I was wearing a helmet and had bright flashing lights on both the back and front of the bike.
I have been physically and financially leveled by this.
During the early stages when migraines were weekly and ribs were not staying in place was a daily thing, I struggled to find the find the right practitioners and attorney to help me.
This delayed getting care and getting the disability wage loss set up. I depleted much of my savings to make bills during this time. Then, after 8 months, Pemco found a way to cut my disability benefits 90 days early in August of 2017, leaving me without a way to cover bills save this GoFundMe platform.
In September, I was only able to work 5-8 hrs a week (and had to set a timer to take breaks before I caused a migraine.) By late October, I improved to working 15 hrs a week, and by November hit 20 hrs a week (without a migraine prevention timer!) But by February 2018, I have a severe chronic pain flare up and couldn't work for 6 weeks.
Today, I have to do significant self-care to minimize symptoms and can only work 4 hrs a day on a good day.
Proactive things I've done so far:
1. Signed up for food stamps & Oregon Health Plan.
3. Improved my business model, business plan and applied for small business loans (turned down multiple times due to unstable cash flow.)
4. Applied for part-time marketing manager jobs, passed over due to limitations.
5. Rebranded, launched a new website, and set up a new marketing strategy.
6. Started the online Mindful Marketing For Healers FB group and started holding an in-person Mindful Digital Marketing Q&A For Healers event.
Bills I'm Struggling To Cover:
1. Rent is $1,080 (Trapped here, I do not have first, last and a damage deposit for a more affordable place.)
2. Utilities are $171 (Phone, power, internet)
3. Student debt payments $468
4. Business Expenses: Adobe design software, Squarespace.com, Line2 business phone, which totals to $98.
5. Past due taxes $78
Total per month: $1,880
Other Ways To Help:
1. Do you know any functional medicine practitioners (such as acupuncturists, chiropractors or naturopathic physicians) that need marketing support? Please refer them to my website and introduce us personally. I'm temporarily offering 30% off until 5/31, and I'm phasing out discounts asap.
2. Do you know of any live-in part-time jobs that provide housing as part of the pay? Please refer those opportunities to me. I have both caregiving and property management experience.
Deepest appreciation ahead of time for any form of support you are capable of at this time!!
It means a lot. Thank you!