First things first - I need work. I am a freelance editor and writer. I can edit you manuscript, theses, resumes, translation, etc. I also write and copy, term papers, and personal statements. I charge $25/hour and you can reach me through this campaign. I have edited several works professionally which you can buy on Amazon. I have also sold short stories to markets like Saturday Evening Post, Shock Totem, and Tales from the Crust.
In the past two years I have only needed to resort to asking for money a few times, however the last time was last summer when I needed money to move my mom from Minnesota to the long term care facility two blocks away. Thank you to everyone who helped out. They paid for the trip but I still need work to pay for my expenses, especially when mom doesn't eat the food from the place so I have to buy her food as well.
Anyhow, in the past two years I have
1. Received an ADHD diagnosis which explains a lot.
2. Moved my mom from Minnesota to New York.
3. Moved mom's cat from MN to my apartment.
4. Started background acting to pick up money during slow times and get out if the apartment (sadly this is also a slow time for that).
5. Sold a few stories. Last one was to a pizza themed anthology.
6. Lost some clients. Have had trouble getting new ones due to Craigslist bring hostile to freelance writers.
7. Stopped putting stuff on eBay since it's no longer profitable.
8. Started a writing project that makes me happy.
9. Also started transcribing grandmother's letters.
Anyhow. Thank you if you can help out. It really means a lot.
I am a freelance writer and many of my clients have moved on. I have been having trouble finding new clients and I have had to use credit cards to pay my rent, which is still two months past due.
At this point, I just need some money to pay my rent, pay my bills and buy food for my cats. I also have a publishing company (Dybbuk Press) and my last title was King David and the Spiders from Mars which did not do as well as I had hoped. I would like to put out more books, but right now it's just a struggle to put enough money together to pay off my debts.
I will be most grateful for whatever help you can give. I know that there are several people who have greater needs and emergencies.
DonationsSee top donations
- John Doe
- A S
- Jeff Legg
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more