Visit our website to see more of the Casa: www.CasaDeMananaCR.com
There are no black out dates, but stay is subject to availability. Winner may not sell their stay to another party. Includes 7 nights stay at Casa de Mañana for up to 6 people (max, no exceptions). Fully Refundable $500 Security Deposit required two weeks prior to arrival. Trip must be used within 12 calendar months from the date of the drawing. Winner(s) are responsible for their own airfare, rental car or other transportation, meals, beverages and entertainment.
Read more below about how this important security program operates....
Playa Junquillal is a beautiful beach community in Costa Rica and is home to two of the most beautiful beaches in Costa Rica, Playa Junquillal and Playa Blanca. Most crime in Costa Rica beach communities consist of petty crime and opportunistic crime. For over a year and a half the community has gotten together to address the issue of making our beaches and towns safer. The beach parking attendant program has been 100 % successful at making our beaches and parking lots safer for locals and tourists alike wherever and whenever we have an attendant on duty. The issue always comes down to funding. When people are here in the high season donations are more plentiful and we are able to sustain an attendant at each beach 7 days per week. In the low season donations are much more difficult to secure and we are only able to sustain an attendant on the weekends, and most times only for Playa Blanca.
All volunteers watching cars at both beaches receive a stipend for their volunteer work which amounts to 1 mil ($2) per hour. Hopefully beach goers also provide tips. Sometimes they work days without a single tip, but like the rest of us, they care about their community and want to help stop and prevent crime.
So we have created this gofundme campaign to ask for your support in the amount of a financial donation of your choosing to the Playa Junquillal Beach Parking Security Program. Each $100 donation gets you a chance to win a week's stay at Casa De Mañana in Playa Junquillal. Divided by 6 people that will cost you each under $17.
To date we have collected and paid out over $12,000 to support our security efforts at both beaches since December 2015. We have a proven model that should be supported until one day when it is self sufficient. Once people know that our beaches have parking attendants as an additional layer of security then more people will come (which they have) and then the whole program can survive on just the daily visitors and their tips and not the stipend. Playa Blanca is ahead of Playa Junquillal in this respect. Many of you have met Santos who covers the Playa Blanca lot 6 days a week (when funding is available) and his son, Rudy, works the 7th day. This has become a family project and Santos takes great pride in watching the cars and beautifying the parking area and gardens. We couldn’t have found a better person to be part of this program and set an example for others.
They also do so much more than watch cars:
1. They communicate with our security groups if there are problems or suspicious people or persons in the area.
2. They have called the ambulance and police for beach goers in distress.
3. Assisted when people have been pulled out to sea by rip tides.
4. Contacted emergency services when someone with a medical condition was fainting on the beach.
5. Provided directions and local information to tourists.
6. Provide directions and information to local restaurants and stores and businesses.
7. Provided parking security during night association events.
8. Helped plant flowers and trees and to keep our new beach gardens watered, weeded, grass cut, trees trimmed.
9. Attended self defense training to help protect themselves.
10. Attended security meetings with police.
11. Watched beach goers belongings on the beach while they went swimming or for a walk.
12. Provided a sense of security for female and male beachgoers when they were alone
13. Have helped build good relations with our local police and share information.
And so much more …
So, could you please make a financial donation today to help support our community security efforts while providing local entrepreneurial opportunities for some locals. Let’s please support what is working to fight crime.
The parking program costs approximately $1,100 monthly. This covers 2 parking lots x 10 hours daily x 1,000 per hour x 7 days per week x 4 weeks per month = 560,000 (@545 = $1,027) (+ inevitable misc expenses: replacement vests, pepper spray, gratuitous beverages or snacks as kind gestures, insect repellent, sunscreen, flashlights, stipends for guards prepaid phones so they can use their WhatsApp for reporting while on duty, rancho repairs, signage, beach or parking lot cleanup, grass cutting, etc).
As a result the community and tourists receive the following:
1. A beach parking attendant from 8 am to 6 pm on Playa Junquillal 7 days a week.
2. A beach parking attendant from 8 am to 6 pm on Playa Blanca 7 days a week.
3. Increased visible security presence in the community, which is an overall crime deterrent.
4. Crime prevention meetings for parking attendants and local security personnel.
5. Parking attendants record plate numbers and description of every car that enters/remains in the parking area.
6. Additional security for your customers at hotels, restaurants or local place of business.
7. Additional security for your guests staying at your rental property.
8. Additional security for your own friends, family and visitors.
9. Additional security for you and your property/investments.
10. A parking attendant who can direct people to your hotel, restaurant, house for rent or cabina.
11. A parking attendant who also informs police of suspicious persons directly to police.
12. Increased safety measures/emergency response to help those in distress on the beach or in the water.
13. Hotels, restaurants and businesses can leave information at the beach rancho for the parking attendants to distribute to beachgoers, such as menus, coupons or other information.
14. Communication with individuals connected to the private Facebook and WhatsApp security groups.
15. Respect and admiration from the community for caring and contributing to this proven crime reducing program.
Gracias y Pura Vida
Al & Keith Toney
Owners- Casa De Manana
- Sandra Ahern
- Jean-Paul Despres
- Lisa Bolshaw
- Carolyn McCall
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more