Following a series of test, we were devastated to learn that she has a tumour in her brain. As of writing this, we're waiting on a final diagnosis via a biopsy, however the specialist have said that it's most likely a Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
The neurosurgeons at the hospital say that it’s not operable and she had less than 2 years to live. But we would like to get a 2nd opinion on this and exhaust our options. We can't and won't give up on her.
Through family and friend contacts we quickly learned that this condition is right in the area of speciality for Professor Charlie Teo, the world renowned neurosurgeon, and we've been lucky enough to get an urgent appointment with him this week.
We don't know where we will get the funds for Maddie's treatment, we just know that we want to give her the absolute best chance of pulling through this and living the life that she deserves. It's all happened so suddenly, my wife, Jamison (Maddie's 2 yr old brother with the same birthday as her) and myself have not even had time to process what has happened. We just need to do whatever it takes for our little ray of sunshine.
From the bottom of our hearts, we thank you for reading this far and for considering donating. Anything will help and if not, please keep us in your prayers.
We will send updates whenever we can.