for taking the time to visit our campaign.The Purpose:
It's often said that 'One person can not make a difference', I've always disagreed with this, and teach my children on a daily basis that they CAN
make and BE
the change the world needs.
One driven, passionate, compassionate person, who has empathy for all living things great and small CAN
make a difference and help to influence the attitudes of those around them.
But it does get tiring and that's why I'm here...
That's why we need your help...
The help of a team...
The funding provided through this program, will help to support our mission and establishing the 'Critters Conservation Centre'. Training new educators by supporting upcoming naturalists in their persuit to help the environment; and helping to influence changes in the education system to teach the plight of our fragile ecosystem at a higher level WILL
create a movement... It WILL
The funding will be used to purchase a number of items and equipment for the Critters Conservation Centre, and support our community based activation initiatives.
It will help us with things such as:
- Education material
- Exhibit design, fit outs and improvements
- Creation of an App which will have positive impact for native fauna
- Implement training initiatives in store
- Activate community areas and perform targeted enviro projects
- Help to subsidise entry costs, assist with our running costs and making this accessible to ALL members of the community, not just those who can afford it.
Whilst we do require funds to make our launch the BEST it can be, we hope to run this as an ongoing initiative, where we can share photos and videos of where the funds have been invested and positive impacts you have contributed to.
This dream has been years in the making, many hours of hard work, sleepless nights and no shortage of sacrifice. All of these challenges with my 2 favourite humans by my side, my daughter Cailin and son Sean.
The 'Critters Conservation Centre' will be like no other.
Every member who contributes through this campaign will be peronally contacted via Go Fund me, ill provide weekly shout outs and actively share the direct changes that they are helping to support.
Please take the time to read through our Mission, objectives and initiatives below, you can even read more at: http://crittersupclose.com.au
Below is a concept image of our space to reach maximum people and get our message out there.Our Mission:
Australia has some of the most unique diversity of endemic plants and animals on planet earth. We also have one of the highest overall extinction rates worldwide.
Our mission is to create positive change in the protection of our fragile ecosystems, by inspiring children of all ages to employ positive life actions, have empathy through understanding and drive change; creating a positive impact for all animals, plants, ecosystems and future generations.
‘In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we understand; and we will understand only what we are taught’
– Baba Dioum
We have created a target list, which we have called the 5E's
: This will form the objectives of the centre:
- Generate awareness around environmental issues locally, nationally and internationally.
-Create a platform for other environmental groups doing amazing work to be recognised in a high volume location.
-Working with the community, partake in community based environmental projects resulting in positive change.
-Create a space where all members of the public, of all demographics and abilities can attend and be a voice and share their passion.Education
- Within the curriculum framework, become a strong voice to promote a greater focus in our classrooms about our amazing biodiversity and encourage school based projects, teaching children about best practice for home and life.
- Create an all inclusive space at the centre for all areas of education to attend (mainstream, home school, all abilities, language schools, early childhood etc.) as nature and animals have an amazing ability to bring everyone together.
- Employ time and funding into educational programs that can and will make a difference, this includes implementing technolgy where possible to keep children interestedEmployment
-Provide opportunities to train locals in employability skills and personal confidence to assist in gaininig local employment, particularly in the environment field.
-As a trainer assessor, provide certified training in the environmental sector and mentoring to get them where they need to be!
-Continue working with 'high risk' teens and children within our local schools and community, assisting with their entrepreneurial or employment journeys
- Provide the capacity for my own business to employ many more staff locally, with future ambitions of taking this nationallyEco- Tourism
-Working with local Eco- Tourism companies within the region, implementing best practice and really let everyone know about our unique biodiversity.
- Expand the range of my programs we have on offer to conduct more community based eco opportunities such as night walks, beachcombing sessions, tree plantings and cleanups.
-Continue to work on media opportunities encouraging visitors to the area and making positive change for all species- such as my time with Steve Backshall from Deadly 60 BBC- click here
to see interviewEngagement
-The objective of the space is to create the 'Mandjar' (meeting place) within Mandurah. A place for all to meet, get passionate about local issues and as a team- be the change!
-Create a space with a strong Noongar community representation, allowing all of us to understand in greater detail the stories of the Noongar people and their strong connection to country
-Conduct a number of community activation activities and collaborate with the as many NFP organisations to support other great initiatives
-Re establish our mobile programs, reaching members of the community who may not have the capacity to visit us- eliminating the isolation and bringing all together through environment
With your help, we can make a difference...
With your help, we can be the difference...
Thank you :)
The Critters Up Close team