Successfully Concluded!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

SUCCESSFULLY CONCLUDED!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++



Dear All

I am very happy to share with you a very positve news.  Lhamo Gya is back home!    :-) 

Please listen to the short report (see updates).

Unfortunately it is all in Tibetan. But I am working on a English translation. My son Norbu is soon going to finish the text. 

Thank you for you support 

Lhamo Tso 
San Francisco, 10 February 2015

+++++


Dear All

Thanks to you generosity Lhamo Gya could enter the hospital and get an initial treatment in a hospital in Xining/Qiinghai.

There was not much the doctors could do. She lost her child and is now treated in the emergency ward. Her situation is critical and I anxiously wait for news how the situation develops.

I would like thank you for your donations which enabled me to pay some of the initial hospital cost. Lhamo Gya’s husband was extremely grateful for your support and feels that your solidarity will help to overcome this tragedy.

I have reduced the initial fundraising goal to 15’000 US Dollars. 

Though the help came to late for the child it is my hope that we can save the young mother’s life. Please continue to support this action.

I will keep you posted.

Lhamo Tso
San Francisco, CA, USA

++++++

(My initial appeal)

Dear Friends

I would like to thank you for all the support  you have given to my husband Dhondup Wangchen in the past.

Today, I want to tell you about an medical emergency case.  It is an issue of life and death.

Some days ago, I got a call from Tibet, the call was from a friend of mine.

She is young woman and her name is Lhamo Gya and has just turned 18 years. Her husband is a mason. They earn their living from carving stones. She got pregnant and she is now in the seventh month.

About one month ago she felt sick. Her body started to swell.  She then went with her husband to the hospital and asked the doctor what to do. The doctor said: "You have to undergo a surgery. Your child has to be taken out." 

When she asked how much it would cost, the doctor said: "To stay at the hospital you have to pay 40’000 Chinese Yuan." 

This is about 6’600 US dollars. The child will have to be kept till the incubator till the completion of the 9th month. 

This would cost about 300’000 Yuan that is approximately 50’000 US dollars.  An amount they can't afford. She had to leave the hospital and is now at home.

Though my family has to survive on very little  we decided to send 500 US dollars.  

I now want to ask you all to help to save Lhamo Gya and her child.

Please try your best and make a donation.

Finally, contact me if you have any questions. My phone is (001) 510 680 32 44.

For donation please see for the information on this website.

Thank you !
Lhamo Tso

Donations

 See top
  • Mollie Rodriguez 
    • $100 
    • 76 mos
  • lobsang jimpa 
    • $25 
    • 76 mos
  • Lobsang Wangchuk 
    • $50 
    • 76 mos
  • Heather Heather 
    • $200 
    • 76 mos
  • Tenzin Nyendak  
    • $50 
    • 76 mos
See all

Organizer

Lhamo Tso 
Organizer
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more