Joseph's Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass

So ... not many people know but in January 2018, I made the decision to look into having Weight Loss surgery. I have several friends that I know who have had it done and after consulting with them and seeing their results, I decided to go for it. This was not an easy decision but after weighing the pros and cons I decided that the positives outweigh (forgive the pun) the negatives and finalized my decision. 

I entered into the qualifying program with Kaiser Permanente (my insurance provider) that entailed, a few classes and doctor's visits. I learned a good deal more about the procedure and what is to come afterwards but still am determined to see this happen. Now, as of today 02/19/2018, I have been accepted into the program. I have 24 weeks of classes that I have to take (one per week) to help get prepared for the life changes that are coming and then the surgery will be scheduled. So far it is looking like September or October 2018. I am both thrilled and terrified at what is to come but, I know it will be the best thing for me in the long run.

So this brings me to this GoFundMe and why I am putting this up. My insurance will cover 70% of the procedure which is great. I was informed today that the overall cost without insurance is around $50k so that leaves me $15k (30%) out of pocket I need to come up with. I have finally been able to start a Savings Account recently but only $50 a month for the last 6 months. So I am hoping that I can somehow put this together to help me cover that insurance will not. 

I hate talking money and never ask for help so this is extremely hard for me to do. To those reading thing, thank you for taking the time to consider if you're able to help out. Even if you are unable to donate, please share this so I can get this to as many people as possible. I appreciate anything anyone can do to assist even if it's just words of encouragement because the idea nagging in the back of my mind are that the worst side effects that can happen will happen.

Thank you for your time and I hope you and your loved ones are having a great day!

Donations

  • Jack Hall 
    • $100 
    • 9 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $500 
    • 10 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 10 mos
  • Matt Rogers 
    • $100 
    • 10 mos
  • Jill Curtis 
    • $50 
    • 10 mos
See all

Organizer

Joseph Carl White II 
Organizer
Vista, CA
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more