Anthony Conti is 16 years old, and fighting an extremely aggressive stage 4 Cancer. His dream was to make a Hollywood film. Johnny Depp, J.K. Simmons, Sam Raimi, Trent Reznor and others teamed up with Anthony to write and shoot his film - a zombie film called "Black Ghiandola". See article in the Hollywood Reporter.
We need your help with the final step
- creating a special red-carpet screening for Anthony, his family, his fellow cast and crew, the Hollywood community (and hopefully you!) - before Anthony is too weak or in too much pain to travel to LA to see it.
Anthony has been diagnosed with Stage IV adrenal gland cancer. He is from Walpole, MA. He always wanted to be a filmmaker, and wrote a script for a zombie film. About Us:
The Make a Film Foundation is a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization similar to the Make a Wish Foundation. We grant film wishes to children who have serious or life-threatening medical conditions by teaming them with notable actors, writers and directors who help them create their film legacy. Make a Film is 100% volunteer powered. All donations are 100% Tax Deductible. About the Film:
"Black Ghiandola" tells the story of a young man, played by Conti, who risks his life saving a young girl he has grown to love after his family has been killed during a zombie apocalypse.
Select Cast & Crew (100% volunteer):
* Johnny Depp (Pirates of the Carribean)* Laura Dern (Wild)
* Sam Raimi (Director: Spider Man Trilogy)
* J.K. Simmons (Whiplash)
* Catherine Hardwicke (Director: Twilight)
*David Lynch (Twin Peaks)
*Chad L. Coleman (The Walking Dead)
*Penelepe Ann Miller (Birth of A Nation)
*Richard Chamberlain (The Thorn Birds)
*Theodore Melfi (Director: Hidden Figures)What the funds are for:
Post-Production Costs- to finish the film.
LA Screening (Weekend btwn Jan 28th- Feb. 12th)
Boston Screening- Anthony's hometownIncludes:
1. Screening Venues
3. Printed DVD's
4. Posters, DVD Sleeves, Post Cards
5. Program Booklets
6. Red Carpet/Step and Repeat
7. Award Costs
8. Flights, Hotels, transpo for Anthony, his Father, and Medical Professional
9. Rental of Medical equipment such as Wheel Chair
10.Fees associated with Festivals
11. Creation of DCP, Blu-Ray's- other mediums required to screen
12. T-shirts-gifts for Volunteers and others
(Director Catherine Hardwicke (Twilight) directs Academy Award winner JK Simmons, on set)
Anthony Conti holds Oscar at his "Academy Experience" where one of his other short films, "Twinkle, Twinkle" was screened.
Anthony Conti and Johnny Depp having Selfie fun on the set.
A Zombie-fied JK Simmons eats the intestines of a rascal played by Chad L. Coleman (The Walking Dead).