Help to save my knees so I can help to save yours!
My name is Jenna and I am an Exercise Specialist, Movement and Mobility Specialist, and Corrective Exercise Specialist. I am raising money to help fund 2 upcoming knee surgeries that are a result of a failed surgery from 10 years ago. (In high school I had 6 ACL surgeries resulting from only 2 initial injuries!!!)
As a noncontract employee without benefits or quality health insurance, I have been putting off surgery for as long as possible due to out of pocket costs and time off work. My career as an athlete was over at age 13 and worse my entire life sense then has been filled with surgery after surgery mostly due to improper procedures. This should not have happened and because of this, my biggest goal in life is to give back to the epidemic of ACL injuries in female athletes by spreading awareness on the risk factors and creating programs for better prevention methods so that other young girls do not have to end up like me! I do not want a single athlete to experience what I have been through and my goal is to make a huge change in the industry for the better!
Check out my website to follow my journey and help me spread awareness towards ACL injury and ACL Injury Prevention programs in female athletes! jennactive.com
· Age 13 – passionate soccer player; tore my ACL playing soccer, had surgery
· Age 14 – returned to soccer only to tear my ACL, MCL, and meniscus on the other knee; had surgery
· Age 15 – excess pain revealed that both of my surgeries were performed incorrectly; had ACL revision surgery #1
· Age 16 – ACL revision surgery #2
· Age 17 – hip surgery from injury sustained during previous soccer career
· Age 18 - ACL revision surgery #3
· Age 26 (present) – found out ACL graft from last surgery failed. Facing 2 separate surgeries because I require a bone graft due to my previous surgeries before the ACL surgery can be performed. Facing my 7th and 8th knee surgeries in 2017.
Use my story to help other female athletes! I want to save the next generation of knees! Your daughters do not need to end up a statistic like me! Women are 2 to 10 times more likely to tear their ACL but ACL injuries can be prevented or reduced through proper strength and conditioning programs with trained professionals addressing biomechanical issues in jumping, landing, and cutting motions, and through increased awareness to the severity of this issue…strength in numbers!!
PLEASE HELP ME BY DONATING FOR MY MEDICAL BILLS. My goal is to get my graduate degree in Biomechanics and use my ACL Injury Prevention Programs and my website to change lives! Without your help I will not have funding to finish my surgeries and will never be able to get my Masters. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much for taking the time to read this and please send this to anyone you know who has torn their ACL. Thank you!
- Alexander Johnson
- Joe DeFranco
- Frank LaMonaca
- Layne Meltzer
- Edith Bass
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more