Though Costa Rica is well known for surfing and enjoying the "pura vida" mentality, there is still a great amount of poverty and brokenness in the country. Costa Rica draws in many immigrants from neighboring countries, in search of jobs and better life, who don't fare much better then they did before. This trip is an opportunity to help give according to their needs- both physically and spiritually. I will be working through an organization called Adventures in Missions and we will be partnering with a ministry in Costa Rica called Ocean's Edge, whose mission is to be a Christian presence and witness to the Costa Rican surfing community.
On this trip, we will be:
• Building relationships with surfers and locals, with the hopes of showing them the genuine love of Jesus Christ.
• Working at a youth house on the beach, where we will be discipling youth through surfing and other sports.
• Working at a pre-natal center, where we will be educating women about birth and caring for their children.
• Working at a "kids Club", where we will be helping with children's ministry in poor areas surrounding Jacó
• Working in a local church. This will include sharing testimonies and performing skits.
• Hosting outreach events and service projects in the community; helping with construction projects for the Ocean Edge's ministry house and many different service projects throughout town.
• Partnering with a training and equipping ministry that teaches living and working while simultaneously living missionally: this includes getting locals trained and giving opportunity to work in business, art, marketing, etc.
------------------------------------------------ As you know, fundraising for trips like these is not an easy task but I am confident that the Lord will provide. $4155 will cover the costs of airfare from Atlanta (where our team will be meeting and spend the first few days training) to/from our project site, housing, meals, and ministry opportunities in the country. I greatly appreciate any donations given and more importantly, prayers for our mission team and for hearts that will be impacted in Costa Rica. Thank you for taking your time to read this and for your support! - Jordan Acts 1:8 "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon you, and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth." This is the link to my GoFundMe, but I also wanted to send out the direct link to my AIM donation page. Donation through this way is tax deductible and all of the proceeds go towards my mission trip. I will be placing the link below. Here, you can also explore the website and learn more about the heart of this ministry. Feel free to message me if you have any questions! Adventures In Missions is a tax-exempt organization under IRS code 501(c)(3) and is a member of the ECFA. (Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability). Due to IRS and ECFA regulations governing the administration of tax deductible donations given in support of a particular trip/program, support contributions given on behalf of an individual will be used to offset the costs of the trip/program you are involved in. All contributions are non-refundable regardless of the participant’s success in completing the program. Click Here For My Direct Link
- Theresa From Church
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more