THE HOUSE OF THE GRANDFATHER JAGUAR OF LIGHT
A Ceremonial Center of Spirituality, Arts, and Culture
Within the Jaguar sanctuary is the Ceremonial Center of Spirituality, Art, and Culture of Oaxaca, directed by Maestro Ernesto Hernández Olmos. The center was created with the objective of preserving the ancestral traditions and practices of the old grandfathers by focusing on the culture and spirituality of the Jaguar. This will be realized through the teachings and practices of spiritual ceremonies and rituals of healing, such as the Temazcal, plant medicine ceremonies sound therapy (healing via the sound of ancestral instruments).
There will also be educational workshops for children, youth, and adults on sacred art, traditional medicine, painting, ceramic art, fine arts, feather work, and ancestral instrument making among other arts, as well as the promotion and diffusion of Oaxacan culture through dance and music. The classes will be guided by Oaxacan oral traditions and stories, with the intention of providing healing, creative experiences that honor Mother Earth and the sacred Jaguar of Light. In this way the center creates a consciousness of respect for the preservation of our ancestral practices and transmits the knowledge passed on by our old grandfathers and the cosmovision of the Jaguar to our future generations.
The center will collaborate with different indigenous, sister traditions at the national and international level, including Brazil, U.S., South Africa, China, and Kyrgyzstan, from which Shaman Teachers and Knowledge Bearers will be invited with the intention to elevate our inner knowledge and remember our connection with our Mother Earth. To support the spiritual dimensions of protecting sacred Jaguars, the center will connect Elders and Healers from these traditions across the continent and world to share their knowledge. As mentioned, Ernesto’s vision for the center weaves the wisdom of ancestral and ceremonial practices with environmental conservation, arts, and healing.
The development of The Center was prompted by sightings of the White Jaguar of Light in the mountains of Oaxaca in 2004. Within the oral tradition of Ernesto’s native Oaxaca, the Jaguar of Light is the spirit of Mother Earth and the urgency of raising awareness of the Jaguar’s environmental, spiritual, and cultural importance in the global world. The Center will serve as a spiritual, cultural site for raising awareness to preserve the sacred Jaguar’s environment by helping rescue, rehabilitate, and release Jaguars. To assist directly in this effort, the Center will collaborate with the Yaguar Xoo from Union Zapata, Oaxaca. Yaguar Xoo, a jaguar sanctuary and preservation project directed by Víctor Rosas Vigil, currently rescues and rehabilitates Jaguars with the mission of releasing them back to their natural habitats.
This center will bridge the Mitla, Yagul, Union Zapata, & Tlaculula communities. Objectives
- Strengthen the spirituality of the Jaguar through traditional arts, music, and sacred dance.
- Educate young generations in ecological sustainability and Mother Earth Preservation
- Inspire humanity to live in harmony with each other, Mother Earth, and all of our relations.
- To create a Oaxacan ceremonial center to honor the ancestors with traditional Zapotec, Mixtec, & Mixe dance, culture, and traditions.
- Offer a series of educational workshops for youth and adults highlighting the spirituality of the jaguar through art, music, storytelling, and traditional dances.
- Offer education for youth and adults to preserve traditional ways of medicine (massage, herbalism, energy-work, plant medicine ceremonies).
- Reinforce strategies for protecting the jaguars through research and infrared-tracking technology to monitor the presence of jaguars in the center.
- To bridge the Mitla, Yagul, Union Zapata, & Tlaculula communities.About Ernesto Hernández Olmos
Ernesto Olmos, born in Oaxaca, Mexico, has been active in the community arts in Northern California since 1998. He has developed a wide range of programs, curriculum, presentations, art exhibits and musical performance based in traditions of Native Mexico. He travels to support sacred ceremonies and cultural exchanges throughout the Americas. Ernesto combines ancient forms of art that have been passed down through oral and ceremonial traditions. He works to keep sacred arts thriving with the intention of remembering indigenous roots as we walk in the path set out by our ancestors.
In 2014, Ernesto began developing the Central American Jaguar Shaman Network in partnership with the Worldwide Indigenous Science Network (WISN), directed by Apela Colorado, throughout Central Mexico and South America. This network aims to conserve the Jaguar as a sacred being across cultural, environmental, and spiritual landscapes by connecting indigenous elders, conservationists, artists, and healers who support jaguar conservation.Fundraising
With the aim of promoting education and awareness to the new generations and the importance of protecting the jaguar and its habitat, which represents our mother earth. Ernesto Hernandez Olmos, international spiritual healing arts practitioner and member of WISN has worked to build community and institutional network connections to support the Jaguar of Light in Oaxaca, Mexico since 2014. He has been working with wisdom keepers, scientists and historians from three different continents with the goal of preserving the ancient historic connections of the sacred cats such as white lions of Timvabati, white leopards of Asia, white tigers of Russia and China, and Jaguars of America.
In 2015, he started developing the Central American Network of the union of scientists and shamans working together for the preservation the of spirituality of the jaguar and the conservation of its habitat and well being.
He is calling on you and the greater community committed to preservation of sacred cultures and connections to share the cosmovision that inspire humanity to return to balance. Where the funds are going?
- All funds will be going directly to the building and infrastructure of the Jaguar of Light Spirituality, Arts, and Culture Center.
1. Sacred Center
- an Octagon building for traditional ceremonies
2. 3 Classrooms
- 3 hexagon classroom buildings for Art, Traditional Medicine, and Healing
3. Temascal (Sweat Lodge)When do we need the funds by?
- Funds are need ASAP. As soon as the we receive 150,000 funds we can start building!
***If you want to give a big donation and recieve a tax deduction please email email@example.com
for the bank account info***
Thank you so much for all who are donating and sharing this gofundme campagin! Your generosity is greatly apperciated.