As a parent, we all hope and pray when our children are born, that they are 100% healthy with no complications. Unfortunately for my son, Jacob Fuentes, he was born with 3 holes in his heart. He was born with a heart murmur which is called ventricular septal defect. It's something that as a parent you hope to never hear, and are never truly prepared for. We were told that we can wait as long as possible to see if the holes closed on their own and if they did not, then he would require open heart surgery. Of course, the first reaction is to wait and have hope that everything would work out in the end naturally. 2 of the smaller holes have closed but 1 is not showing signs of closing and at this stage, the cardiologist said based on his age it will not close. At this point, the blood is flowing improperly out of his heart and to his lungs, and the lungs are not built to handle the impact of the blood flow. Without this surgery my son has the risk of stroke, high blood pressure, heart infection and heart or lung failure. With all these risks and the thought of losing my son is obviously something I could never bare to live with so he is opted in for open heart surgery scheduled September the 5th, shortly after his 2nd birthday, August 25th. He's been given as much time as possible in hopes of the hole to close and has run out of time. As I live in McAllen, TX the closest Heart Surgeon is in San Antonio. I unfortunately do not have reliable transportation for a 450+ mile trip, so therefore I have to rent a car to travel to the surgeon. Additionally, I will have to take time off of work as the recovery time is 6 to 8 weeks and he will not be able to go to daycare during recovery. I will have to stay home during his recovery period, leaving me out of work with no pay during this time. I have 5 kids including him that will have to continue to provide a roof over their heads as their provider. Life has truly not been the same since hearing this news. Every time I talk about it, I want to break down in tears. No child should ever have to go through this. My son has suffered with 2 hospitalizations from RSV and bronchitis due to his heart. It makes his life harder than a normal child. Hes weaker from sicknesses and has to fight harder. He has had to face many needles, being tube fed, catheters, machines, and medicines daily to reduce the fluid in his heart. He needs this surgery and I am scared of facing eviction or having my light and water shut off. As embarrassing as this is to have to ask for help I have tried to find other ways of how I will manage during his recovery and this is my last resort, as I typically live paycheck to paycheck. Its either not have the surgery or be 2 months without pay. As a parent this is obviously a no brainer as I will not risk losing my son from heart failure. The funds are directly for transportation for the trip and for 2 months of living costs which includes rent, and basic bills such as light, water and other bills that I will not be able to pay during the recovery time. Any amount of $5, $10 or even $1 helps. Thank you in advance for any donations! I cannot say how grateful I am for any amount given.