On Monday September 10th, our dear friend Izze Mulhern returned home from work to discover her apartment building had been engulfed in a terrible apartment fire. The 3-story, 8-unit building had caught fire earlier in the day, and the blaze ravaged most of the top floor before being extinguished. Unfortunately, Izze's apartment was directly affected by the fire, destroying the vast majority of her possessions.
Those who were lucky enough to visit this beautiful apartment knew what an absolute gem of a place it was. You could tell what pride Izze took in her home that she had worked so hard for. Anyone who knows Izze knows she has an incredible sense of style, and her home reflected that. She beautifully embellished her place, often hosted delicious sunset dinners for friends and family, and always volunteered her space for out-of-town guests to stay.
Thankfully, Izze had renter's insurance; however, we are asking for donations to help her start anew after this terrible tragedy. Please consider donating to our wonderful friend in this time of need. If you are looking to send her specific items or gifts, please see the following address listed below. This is an overwhelming time, and we want to make sure Izze gets the support she needs while still giving her the space and privacy to process.
Thank you in advance for your kindness and help,
Nate, Kendra, and Katy
Please address all care packages and letters to:
21 Chelsea Court,
For more information on this terrible fire:
CBS coverage of the fire
Footage of the fire
DonationsSee top donations
- Mary Berecka
- Michaela Schwartz
- Polina Grinbaum
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more