· They not only have the ordeal of day-to-day living with no power anywhere on the island for the forseeable future with highs close to 90 degrees and humidity at almost 90%. But, also, the daunting task of keeping their personal lives and business afloat.
· For over 40 years, Joe & Irene have worked tirelessly to build a highly-respected tourism business, Castillo Tours. They have persevered, despite significant challenges from other hurricanes, recessions, and most recently the Zika virus scare that severely diminished tourism in PR for the last 2 seasons.
· Though insurance will help defray costs to repair and replace parts of their office, equipment, and home (their family room & neighborhood pictured below), it will not help them get through the months ahead before tourists come back to the beautiful island of Puerto Rico. They will need courage and energy to move forward and rebuild.
· We can help by providing funds to bridge the gap until their business can be functioning again. Your gift of any amount will be greatly appreciated.
· In the future as things improve in Puerto Rico for Joe and Irene, their family and employees, we hope that we, along with others, will be able to join them to celebrate in their recovery.
Irene and Joe’s daughter, our niece Vanessa, has the most reliable cell service in the family. She’ll therefore soon be helping to transfer your generous donations to her parents’ account.
DonationsSee top donations
- Penny Sala
- joe and stephanie russin
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more