Save My Dad

Around the end of August of 2014 my father Michael Kibala, went to the emergency room with debilitating chest pains. After a chest X-ray he was told he could either have pneumonia or a cancerous tumor on his lung. He followed up with having a low dose cat-scan that devistatingly revealed a cancerous tumor on his lung. As devistating as this news was for my father and our family, he kept on trucking on and doing everything necessary to get this taken care of but unfortunatly my father like many other americans does not have health insurance. He has Medicare part A but that coverage only covers hospital inpatient services and nothing more! We as a family have contacted social security and confirmed that yes he can sign up for part B coverage but it wouldn't become effective till July of 2015. He has also been denied by NJ Family Care, Charity Care with RWJH, Several Commercial Insurances i.e. BCBS, UHC and so on. We are currently waiting 7 to 10 days on Medicaid to call us for my father just to go through the intial screening process on whether he is eligible or not. He has been denied by all of these insurances because he has the MCR part A and in turn can't drop it because he excepted it 8 years ago when he first became disabled. It is now Dec 11, 2014 almost 4 months since Aug when all of this began and and if we wait any longer by 01/01/2015 as the ball drops I will continue to watch my father suffer with sever chest pain and wither away and die because he has no other option but to wait! Well I can't wait anymore! My father has never asked for anything from anyone! He has worked very hard his whole life for our family and with the passing of his wife my mother 8 years ago and his current disability he barely gets by with the little disability money he does receive from the goverment. He additionally supports and cares for my elderly grandfather who is also suffering from his own elderly ailments. So I am asking for anyone, please anyone help me SAVE MY FATHER! We will continue the process of obtaining health insurance but in the mean time I am asking for any little bit to help my father through this waiting game.  We are still at the begining of this process and he still needs to meet with an oncologist and a thoracic surgen and consult visits can range from $400 to $2,000. So it is for those first visits that I am asking for any help with!! Please help me SAVE MY FATHER!


 See top
  • Stephanie Sabo 
    • $50 
    • 72 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 73 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $200 
    • 75 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $250 
    • 75 mos
  • Cheryl Moscatello 
    • $50 
    • 76 mos
See all


Cori J Smith 
Lodi, NJ
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more