• Intensive Care Baby Unit at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough who do a brilliant job in saving new born babies lives, including my son Dylan.
• My friend Lucy in Kazakhstan who needs some help to avoid her and her family living in poverty.
Indira’s 12 events will include at least 4 half marathons, a 7 mile run, a brutal 10K, a multi-terrain 10K and 2 other 10K runs, the rest are to be confirmed. I have outlined the full stories and the schedule of my races below.
The raised funds will be split 50:50 between these two causes, and will be sent to them this Christmas, and in March, June and September 2019.
Intensive Care Baby Unit at Wexham Park Hospital in Slough.
My youngest son Dylan was born at 37 weeks on 22nd December 2014. He went from my arms as a happy Mum to the neonatal unit within 30 minutes. He had respiratory distress and a suspected infection.
Dylan required immediate intratracheal intubation, ventilation, lumbar puncture, numerous blood tests, and administration of surfactant, antibiotics, and strong pain relief such as morphine. There was little response over the next 3 days as the doctors tried to figure out what was wrong. Christmas was cancelled and I spent it in hospital, sitting with my 3-day old baby, unable to touch or comfort him.
On the 4th day, he started to respond to treatment, just before the doctors were to transfer him to the John Radcliffe Hospital in Oxford. It was the most special and treasured Christmas gift to us as a family, and finally Dylan was allowed home on New Year’s Day.
During those ten days in intensive care Dylan was given the best medical treatment by caring and dedicated professional people 24/7, which I will always be grateful for, and never forget.
My childhood friend Lucy in Kazakhstan.
We became friends for life when we both tragically lost our mums. We were 14 years old, and both deaths happened suddenly. Since then we have been supporting each other emotionally. Lucy still lives in the same village in East Kazakhstan, where I was born and grew up. She is raising two lovely children aged 11 and 9 on her own, as their father visits sporadically and is not supportive. Lucy has a job in a local council however her working hours are long and she sometimes works at weekends. Her children are often left to their own devices. Lucy’s salary is about £150 a month which is often delayed. Lucy has to rely 100% on herself in difficult circumstances.
The living conditions in the village are still basic, with outside toilets, wood burning stoves, no central heating (Lucy has to chop wood in temperature of -40 to heat the house), and no cold let alone hot water supplies. I am amazed that Lucy has always remained upbeat and smiling. She has a great sense of humour, and is thoughtful, helpful, and a very strong woman. For all these reasons, and many more, I want to help Lucy move out of the village so that she could give herself and her children a better and happier future.
The schedule of the events:
1) October 2018: Half/marathon in Slough on 14th October 2018 - Completed!
2) November 2018: Marlow 7miles on 04th November 2018 - Completed!
3) December 2018: 10k in Richmond Park on 08th December 2018- Completed!
4) January’s event replaced by a half/marathon at Dorney on16th February 2019 - Completed!
5) February 2019: Brutal 10k in Bordon on 23rd February 2019 - Completed!
6) March 2019: Half marathon in Hampton Court Palace on 17th March 2019 - Completed!
7) April 2019: Scafell Pike ascent on 20th April 2019 - Completed!
8) May 2019: 10k Multi Terrain Henley River Trial on 12th May 2019 - Completed!
9) June 2019: 10k Run Wexham in Black Park, Slough on Sunday 30.06.2019 - Completed!
10) July 2019: 7k Siberian Sandy Trail in Tomsk in Siberia (Russia) through the pine forest on Sunday 21st July - Completed!
11) August 2019: Skydive 10,000ft in Salisbury on Friday 23rd August-Completed!
12) September 2019: Half/marathon in Windsor on Sunday 29.09.2019 - Booked.
Many thanks for your support.
Anyone who wants to join me is welcome!
Indira Weaver xx
DonationsSee top donations
- Simon Weaver
- Jill Sikkens
- Emily Williams
- Laura Denning
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more