Toronto Laboratory Theatre needs your help to produce the national tour of "In Sundry Languages" - a theatrical extravaganza performed by immigrant and refugee artists in multiple languages.
This will be our first project outside of Ontario. Residents of other multicultural cities across Canada should see themselves represented on stage.
ABOUT THE SHOW
In Sundry Languages weaves together comical scenes on immigration, language learning, accents, and what you really mean when you ask “Where are you from?” The wildly diverse cast made up of Toronto performers uses Bangla, Arabic, Greek, Spanish, Hebrew, Comorian, French and English, amongst many other languages to play with exclusion and inclusion throughout the show. It is a perfect theatre outing for native and non-native speakers of any language!
Critics called it:"a magnificent learning experience of intense human communication!!" Capital Critics' Circle "a compelling critique of Canadian inclusiveness." NOW Toronto "A triumph of experimental theatre" MOONEY on Theatre "worth seeing a second (or even third) time" LOOSELEAF Magazine
WHAT WILL WE USE THE MONEY FOR?
Our ITINERARY will include Halifax, Moncton, Ottawa, Montreal, Winnipeg, Regina, Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver.
We are raising funds to cover the following expenses:
- transportation of the props and sets
- train and bus tickets for the cast and production team
- discounted tickets for students and free tickets for refugees, recent immigrants and other marginalized groups
- touring administration costs
We are preparing grant applications to cover other production expenses. Government funding will cover only 30% of our expenses.
HOW WILL WE THANK YOU?
All Donors will get a "thank you" on our social media, website and our programs. In addition to that, our core producers will provide special perks for donations over $250.
- Flirting lesson in Polish with a serving of pierogies in Toronto. - Gregory Guzik
- Home-made dinner at Berlin style loft in Toronto. - Tyler Kruspe
- Armenian coffee making and coffee grounds reading ceremony in the comfort of your home (depending on the show director's itinerary). - Art Babayants
Thank you! Merci! Gracias! Dziekuję! ありがとう! Danke sehr! Grazie! Շնորհակալություն ! Choukrane! благодаря! děkuji! 감사합니다! Our Website Facebook