Stephanie's memorial fund.

If you knew Stephanie, you know she had it all. She was one of the most fun loving, free spirited girls I have ever met and that’s why I asked for her hand in marriage. She truly was beautiful inside and out and didn’t really have many cares in this world. She was a sister, a daughter, a friend and a wife, among many other titles.

Stephanie passed sometime between 4pm-7:45pm on Monday, August 7th 2017. I found my wife on the floor of the bathroom, called 911, started to perform CPR but she had been gone for too long at that point. All I wanted was one shot but it was just too much to ask for.

Sunday, August 6th, Steph’s car was broken into while at the beach. After losing her job back in Feb, this was only insult to injury. I decided to take her to lunch followed by a movie. We snuck candy into the theater like children and she fell asleep leaning on me like she did during every movie we watch. We went home and relaxed on the couch and soaked up the rest of the day together. We eventually ate dinner and crawled into bed where I held her tighter than I had ever held her before.

Monday morning came and we were off to a new start on a new day. Spirits were high as we spent most of the day together until I had to attend a meeting in Vero at 5pm. I rolled out the front door of the house like any other day, said “see ya later, love you” and she blew me a kiss. In that moment, I turned my wheelchair around, rolled back to the front door and gave her a real big kiss. Everything was great and I left her smiling.

I am more than confident that Steph did not suffer any pain during her last moment with us. The exact cause of death is not confirmed yet but I believe she suffered a concussion and broken neck. I have been through a lot in life and sleeping after losing my wife has been the hardest thing I have ever had to endure. All night as I tossed and turned, I clinched to the very sheet I had to cover her body with. It was a lengthy process between the moment I got home from the moment she left the house and I stayed by her side as much as I could.

If you know me, you know that I am a humble man. I do not ask for much in life and it pains me to ask now. In lieu of gas to a service, flowers, cards or whatever, I’m asking for some assistance in saying our final goodbye. The intentions are to have a private service at a Buddhist Temple followed by spreading her ashes at Long Key where we got engaged, North Carolina where we got married and a few other special places her family and I would like.

Stephs family and I have a long road ahead. I can’t speak for anyone else but I can tell you that I will be ok. It will take some time, but I’ll be ok. I’m requesting that you do not call Elizabeth(mother) or myself unless you find it important to do so. The phone calls are very hard to take at this time. Her two sisters are on the way and between them, Elizabeth, my family and myself, we will make it through this and find some closure and meaning to it all.

Life is a beautiful thing when you open your eyes and experience it. I am beyond fortunate that I was able to spend and share the time I had with my awesome wife.

I will open up a little more down the road but we all are at a loss for words at this point and need some processing time.

Embrace life, hug your loved ones and never take anything for granted.

On behalf of Stephanie’s family and Stephanie herself, I thank you.

-Mike Conneen

  • Amanda Gonnella 
    • $50 
    • 60 mos
  • Kay Clark 
    • $25 
    • 61 mos
  • Adam Martingano 
    • $100 
    • 61 mos
  • Wayne and Dana Cooper 
    • $100 
    • 61 mos
  • Lori & Warren Wnek 
    • $100 
    • 61 mos
See all


Mike Conneen 
Malabar, FL