House Fire Blessings

On Saturday May 16th, my Mother in Law came home to flames shooting out of her roof.  She went to a neighbors house and called 911.  The Seminole County Fire Dept was wonderful and had water on the fire within 5 mins of the call.  Sadly, the home my Father in Law build for his family in 1982, was a wooden home, 90% of the home was destroyed, along with it's contents.  The roof caved in and the floor fell out.   As a family, we returned the next today, to see what could be salvaged.  We rejoiced in baby books, diaries, and other small treasures that were soot covered, but still salvagable.  Sam's Club, was so kind to donate 1,000 baby wipes, our kids gathered around in an assembly line fashion and scrubed clean what was left.  10 boxes now sum up their life.  I have created this fund, not for a hand out, but for a lifting up.  They do have insurance, but it will not be enough to cover all the costs.  My prayer for our parents, is that in a year, they will come out of this better off, stronger, and knowing that the City of Sanford and those around them, love them.  Thank you everyone!
  • Jason Kaiser 
    • $100 
    • 73 mos
  • Teresa Hofmann 
    • $25 
    • 74 mos
  • Robin McLeod 
    • $50 
    • 74 mos
  • Peggy Ellenburg 
    • $20 
    • 74 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $57 
    • 74 mos
See all


Dawn Chubb Sipley 
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more