House Fire this family lost everything

Griffith, IN

A structure fire call came in around 2pm Tuesday on the 200 block of N Jay Street in Griffith. First officers on scene noticed smoke and flames coming from the residence roof, Commander Keith Martin of The Griffith Police told Region News. Police and Fire were unable to locate anyone inside the residence and were able to get a hold of a female resident via phone who stated no one should be home, Martin said.

Stephanie and her family not only lost their home and their belongings they lost their pets 4 dogs 2 cats and kittens. They have to start all over in December and a week before Christmas. So please help this family in anyway you can.  Her husband also lost his life on this day. They have lost so much and need our help.  I’ve known Stephanie for about 10 years watched her struggle and build and rebuild her life again and again. She and her family have been through so much and need help and prayers. 

Donations

  • Sherry Harney 
    • $25 
    • 6 mos
  • Jose Rodarte 
    • $50 
    • 6 mos
  • melany rogers 
    • $25 
    • 6 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $10 
    • 6 mos
  • Reanna Rex 
    • $15 
    • 6 mos
See all

Organizer

Michelle Meadows-Schweitzer 
Organizer
Griffith, IN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more