House Fire, Students no tenant insurance

On April 21st, my place of residence experienced a house fire due to the accidental drop of a candle, which instantly caught her box-spring. There was no way to put the fire out once the ignition began. Due to this, we have encountered general furniture loss. However, worst of all, the roommate who dropped the candle lost almost everything.
These funds will go towards recuperating the immediate costs of the fire, along with replacement furniture for the residence. This residence is a student housing unit, as all residence of the building is starting out, tenant insurance was not something previously thought to be a necessity for us. Due to these circumstances, there would be no way to sufficiently reaccumulate the loss of the fire on our own, which is why we have created this GoFundMe in the hopes of assistance for loss.
The fire has condemned the place of residence for a minimum of 2 months which by then we will hopefully have reached our goal.
47684312_1587954598567675_r.jpeg47684312_1587954609796202_r.jpeg47684312_1587954630211020_r.jpeg47684312_1587954657803752_r.jpeg

Donations

  • Therese Gould 
    • $100 
    • 3 mos
  • Zariah Roach 
    • $50 
    • 3 mos
  • Tye Hardy 
    • $25 
    • 3 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $96 
    • 3 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 3 mos
See all

Organizer

Stephanie De Wit 
Organizer
Waterloo, ON
  • #1 fundraising platform

    People have raised more money on GoFundMe than anywhere else. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case that something isn’t right, we will refund your donation. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more