House Fire caused us to be Homeless

It was New Year's Eve 2017 at 11:28 pm. My wife and I were sitting on the couch watching the New Year's festivities on the computer when the electricity started to flicker. We noticed sparked and arching coming out of te fuse panel, then it started billowing black smoke. I also noticed arching outside at the power meter. I called 911 and they dispatched Palenville Fire Dept., who quickly respended and put the fire out. The Fire Chief contacted Central Hudson and they cut the power the cottage. After that both the Fire Chief and Central Hudson deemed it uninhabitable and condemed it wich left us homeless.

My wife and I live on my SSD alone because we are both disabled, me with two brain tumors with a seizure disorder, and many other conditions due the tumors. My wife has "Syringomyelia" which is slowly progressing and will eventually leave her paralyzed.

100% of the proceeds from this campaign will go toward helping us get back on our feet.

We will be eternally grateful for any donations that are made.


Donations

 See top
  • Christine Henry 
    • $50 
    • 39 mos
  • Sinead Bergin O'Flynn 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • John Sorrentino 
    • $25 
    • 39 mos
  • Christine McGonigle 
    • $25 
    • 39 mos
See all

Organizer

Scott Wagor 
Organizer
Palenville, NY
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more