Home Explosion and Fire Recovery

There was a large explosion in my family’s house, in my hometown in Russia, due to a malfunction with the broiler system. As a result, the kitchen was destroyed and 2 neighboring rooms caught on fire, ruining the furniture, walls, floors and ceilings.
My grandparents (77 &76) were the only people residing there, and fought hard to keep their home before the fire trucks could arrive, now suffering from 3rd degree burns on their hands and scalp.
In these cold months, they are left with severe damage to the property and no gas supply or electricity. This leaves my grandparents without a home to return to anytime soon. Right now, they are staying in my sister’s one bedroom apartment, because the rest of our family members are not residing in the area.
My family members, including myself, are giving their best effort to support my grandparents both emotionally and financially but could really use some help from our friends and community. Repair estimates are not finalized yet, but we do know that the approximate cost of the new broiler, piping and radiator repairs are nearing $5,000. We have other expenses, including interior restoration and furniture replacement to take care of as well.
Every small contribution is extremely helpful and we are grateful to anyone that would like to help my family during this difficult time.

Thank you,
Kozlov and Terenteva Family



 See top
  • Igor Goldberg 
    • $100 
    • 39 mos
  • Tom & Vicki U 
    • $150 
    • 39 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $50 
    • 39 mos
  • Zach Eshete 
    • $20 
    • 39 mos
  • Martina Wing 
    • $50 
    • 39 mos
See all


Dasha Terenteva 
Minneapolis, MN
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more