Anyone who knows Erin knows about her dog child Montana. And anyone who knows Montana knows she is one of the sweetest pups in the whole wide world. Seriously. She’s like the unofficial dog mayor of Brooklyn.
So when we found out that Monty was diagnosed with large cell lymphoma in August, we wanted to do everything we could to help out with Monty’s care. Erin has already spent close to 12K on three surgeries to remove mast cell tumors, and starting chemotherapy and radiation; all with hopes of giving Montana some more time to spend enjoying her life. Monty is now in early remission. But she still has another four months of chemo to go and one more radiation treatment. And the bills are adding up.
So that’s why we are asking everyone to help in any way they can. Every little bit helps to give Monty the best chance at beating cancer.
The goal is a lofty one. But we are hoping to raise $8000, so that Monty can complete the full six months of recommended chemotherapy and one more radiation treatment that will give her the best chance of long term health. So far her prognosis is good, and she hopefully has many more years ahead of her once she completes all of the treatment!
Some people might be shaking their heads at this point. 20K is clearly a lot of money to spend on a pup, and that’s with help from insurance. But here’s where we share our two cents about why everyone should donate to Monty’s cancer fighting fund. Because Montana is no ordinary pup!
Top 7 Reasons Why Monty is a Miracle Dog
(1) She love bites. When Monty likes you, she looks at you like she is going to bite your face off, bares her teeth, and then kisses you relentlessly.
(2) She has very refined tastes. She doesn’t care much for “play” in general—no stick or ball chasing for this little lady. Her tastes are far more refined. Sunning or TV time with a group of ladies and a little red wine passed her way are much more her style.
(3) Monty is incredibly in tune with Erin, to the point that when we were insanely stressed and studying for the bar exam, M took to getting up in the middle of the night and standing on Erin’s chest and clawing at the blinds.
(4) To meet Monts is to love her. She’s always up for some petting time. And her quiet and polite style has drawn many admirers over the years. She even got to accompany Erin to work for a while and hung out all day in her own doggy office/pen.
(5) Monty saved two shelter dogs. Monty was such the prototype for the perfect dog that she spurned the adoption of two more small dogs. Suffice to say that while these two small dogs are loved dearly, they are no Monty.
(6) Monty can escape from the second story window of a house. And run all around the Poconos in a thunder storm, evading capture for over an hour
(7) Monty really is a lifesaver for Erin. After Erin lost her boyfriend Ryan, Monty was there for her to fall asleep hugging every night. Monty provided Erin with indescribable comfort during one of the roughest periods of her life.
So… any help we can toss Erin’s way would be much appreciated. 100% off the funds raised will go to pay for Monty to continue with the chemotherapy and radiation. No amount is too small! Really!
~ Erin and Monty's fans/friends
DonationsSee top donations
- Suzanne Boule
- deanna jones
- Renee Eberts Mullen
- J.D. Hermann
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more