Helping The Murillos

Here's a brief overview of our current situation:

It all started a couple of weeks ago, I started to feel weak as if my body was shutting down, but I didn't want to complain about my health to anyone, specially to my husband Noe, because honestly we have been through a lot financially these past couple of years and I didn't want to add another burden, since he is the only bread winner in our household.

So the weeks passed and I kept feeling weird, then I developed headaches and thought nothing of them, so I just took a few Tylenol and went on with my day. The following day I woke up with a knot in my forehead, and that's when I finally decided to tell Noe about how I was not feeling well. Immediately he worried about my condition and wanted to take me to the clinic, and I declined to do so and just said it was nothing Tylenol couldn't fix. The following day I woke up and my face was worst, the pressure knot had grown and  had began to spread to the right side of my face, and I felt my head swelling up. Once again, I declined to go see a doctor, and just went to bed.

 The next day I woke up and my face had gotten worst,  so I asked my husband to check my head because it was in an area I couldn't quite see and it had started to hurt a lot. So to his discovery he saw I had developed a giant ball full of pus. We knew it was filled with pus, because as I moved my hair we could see the trail of it. So I decided to clean it and to pop it. As I was literally crying like I was having a baby, my husband poured some hydrogen peroxide. Once again he wanted to take to get it checked out, but I said: "I think that was the only problem. We already popped it and cleaned it. It'll be fine." and went to bed.

The following day I couldn't believe to what I woke up to. My head was literally the size of a basketball, and half of my face was sunken in. I decided to take a very hot shower, massaged my face and went on with my day thinking it was just a reaction due to to the pain I had caused my nerves by cleaning it. By the end of the day, I was in so much pain and I could no longer resist. All week long I had felt super weak and felt as if my body was shutting down. The chills I had developed turned into hot flashes, and I felt as if though I couldn't breathe anymore. With tears in my eyes, I told my husband to take me to the hospital because I could no longer take the pain  and felt as though I was gonna pass out within any minute.

Thankfully he was able to take me, because my health had reached rock bottom. I entered the hospital doors without knowing that I was alive by the grace of God. As I was in excruciating pain, at the emergency room they informed me I had a fever of 104, a heart rate of 160, and my blood sugar levels where way out of control almost reaching 500. Half of my face was having facial paralysis symptoms due to the nerves being in pain, and due to the circumstances above I had developed a scalp abscess( an infection that had accumulated in my head and was entering my blood stream).

Unfortunately they had to cut me open to get the pus out and drain it out. The Doctor told us it was a miracle that I was still alive because if I had continued at home I would have gone into a diabetic shock or a heart stroke. To make the story short, instead of looking for a gift to give me on Valentine's day, my husband was alongside my bed learning how to put a gauze inside the wound on my head, which caused an excruciating pain. We were discharged after 5 days in the emergency room, and sent back home with a ton of medication, a new diet, and a whole lot level of fear knowing that my husband had to poke the wound
on my head two times a day in order to change my gauze, which to top it off left me feeling weak.

By the grace of God, I am now doing better.I'm not a 100% yet, but I am working my way there. Thankfully the wound has closed.
However in the past 3 weeks we have been to the emergency room 3 times, emergency urgent care for 5 days, 2 followup appointments and more to come. The bills have began to come in the mail and it has been a frightening  experience opening them up. I am aware that everybody needs help, I know everyone has bills, but I am also aware  that we need help financially.

Unfortunately, we are one of the millions of families that do not have healthcare insurance, and it is not because we declined to have it, the reality is that we simply can't afford it. My husband Noe, is the only bread winner at our home. I am a stay at home mother of two. We both volunteer at our local church, coordinating the teen youth ministry. We trust God with all our hearts, and we do the best we what we have. 

With all that being said, and with all the humility of our heart, we ask you for help. If you can sow something, it will be greatly appreciated. If you cannot, we understand, and ask you to keep you in your prayers. Please help us share this with your friends and family.

Thank you in advance, and may God bless you beyond measures.

Love the Murillos

Matthew 25:37-40

"37 Then the righteous will answer him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink? 38 And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you? 39 And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers,[a] you did it to me.’"
  • Samantha Trevino  
    • $100 
    • 44 mos
  • Oscar Galvan 
    • $500 
    • 44 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 44 mos
  • ma martinez 
    • $25 
    • 44 mos
  • Anonymous 
    • $20 
    • 44 mos
See all


Noe Jackie Murillo 
Cedar Hill, TX
  • #1 fundraising platform

    More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more

  • GoFundMe Guarantee

    In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more

  • Expert advice, 24/7

    Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more