As of today I am normally just laying in bed in pain and under some drugs to ease this excruciating pain every minute of the day. I am sorry if I don’t respond or message back right away if I am contacted.
Since I haven’t worked for a couple of months, I don’t have insurance, which has placed me in a major financial disposition with this sudden accident that happened out of no where.
I have been told that this incident is probably going to cost more than$50,000, if not more, unsure how this will pan out as this is the first time I’ve ever been in this issue.
I’ve created a GoFundMe, as you can see....
If anyone wants to help out just a little, it would be greatly appreciated very much and will help me pay for any expenses and also to travel back and forth from TX to AZ every week since I am getting help from family and on top of that I am not working nor have a current apartment in AZ right now ....
If one is unable to help make a donation, it’s totally fine! But can you please share this story with as many people as you can!?!
I have been directed in a few directions to see if I can reduce the cost (ACCHS Insurance) and also speak with a Social Worker, in hopes of reducing the cost due to my circumstances in regards to funds coming in/work; so we will see how that goes and will keep y’all updated.
How did it happen:
I was cleaning out all the dog dirt and dog hair that was everywhere from my vehicle and also blowing out the air vents of dust and dirt with an aerosol can in order to get those hard to reach areas in you Car (especially in between the middle console and seats) and then simply vacuum it all up... as I was suppose to drive back to TX that very next morning and wanted a clean cabin of the car before I did drive out.... in the process of cleaning, I found a lighter wedged in-between the seats and middle console - I struggled to reach down and grab it - as soon as I grabbed it, I gave it a go to see if I was going to keep it or toss it.....and that’s when a flame instantly engulfed the whole inside of my cabin of my vehicle.... burning me completely in the process and the whole inside of the vehicle as well...... ALL FROM ONE LITTLE SPARK! I got caught in the middle of the flame and was in the vehicle for about 2-3 seconds (which is a long time) and DEFINITELY got burned all over... especially my face and hands. I was rushed to the ER where they ended up bringing me here to the Arizona Burn Center Hospital (2nd largest Burn Center in the U.S.) where I have been since Thursday evening.
As of Sunday, I was informed that I was going to have to undergo face surgery and also have surgery on my hands due to the type of wounds and amount of dead skin. Yesterday, I underwent surgery and everything went as the Doctors expected. I am not sure how much longer I am here at the hospital, but it does look like I will be here for atleast 3 or more days due to the burns needing to be looked after professionally and also due to the extreme and excruciating pain! It is so unbearable at times! O.......M........G........
If anyone can help me out - I would be greatly appreciated and blessed for anything, even a SHARE!!! I Hope everyone has a Happy Holidays and remember..................
LIFE is PRECIOUS! Your WHOLE life can change in a matter of a few seconds!!! As you can see here.... Do not take life for granted.
Be safe and I love all of you!
Please share the GoFundMe link on your page; Thanks!
DonationsSee top donations
- Jordan Abernathy
- Sarah Anderson
- Sebastian Abadia
- Neil Syberg
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more