Hi, We are Kempes and Maninder, loving husband and wife, partners in crime and the founders of Birmingham's premier independent chocolatier "The Chocolate Quarter". Together we share a passion for chocolate, and in 2014 we took a leap of faith and opened our very own chocolate store. Now 4 years down the line we are looking for a new challenge and have set out on a mission to bring chocolate to the local community and help expand the minds of young individuals at our local schools.
Since setting up our own shop in the heart of Birmingham's beloved Jewellery Quarter, we have been approached by a range of local schools, all looking for one thing, chocotastic lessons! The schools reached out to us hoping to find someone to provide interactive educational sessions about chocolate for their pupils. Recently there have been changes in the KS1 and KS2 educational curriculums meaning that schools are looking to teach students about the Biology, Economics, Cultivation, Ethics, and Science behind cacao and the chocolate making process.
We would love to do this and given our expertise and skills we believe that we have what it takes to bring these sessions to life! Having already provided chocolate experiences for children within our store we know first hand how much they enjoy and benefit from these sessions.
Together we have a huge amount of passion and love for what we do. Nothing makes us happier than seeing our customers leave with a smile on their face and with a little more chocolate knowledge. Since being contacted by schools, my wife, Maninder, has made these educational sessions her personal mission. She is a fully qualified teacher with a vast amount of experience in education. Her many years spent teaching both young and SEN students are something she looks back on with great fondness and personal pride.
I myself have had a successful career within the catering industry and have the skills to be able to successfully perform these sessions. Together our wealth of skills and experience within related industries combined with our in-depth knowledge of the entire chocolate making process make us perfect to provide these fun, unforgettable and most importantly educational sessions young children thrive off.
But before we can set out on this sweet and heartfelt venture there is, unfortunately, one hurdle we first have to cross. In order to bring these sessions to the children, there is some vital equipment and resources that we require.
Our goal is to raise £2000 which will allow us to purchase the following:
1. A portable 18kg chocolate holding tank needed to hold all the melted chocolate and enable us to transport and use it within our educational sessions.
2. Import dried cacao pods. This will give students an opportunity to see where chocolate really comes from. This is something that we think is essential, as many students are unaware of the fact that chocolate originates from cacao pods and instead believe that it is made in laboratories
3. A Heated seed propagator, which will allow us to grow a real cacao tree from seed, for students to see. And allow us to propagate the seeds so we can continue to grow trees. This will help us bring cacao to life and illustrate the Biology aspect of chocolate.
4. Cacao beans and seeds. Seeds especially are very hard and expensive to source, but we think that the children will really enjoy seeing a real-life cacao tree. Being that most pupils have never actually eaten or seen a real tree with pods.
5. Chocolate bar moulds. We require enough bar moulds so that each child in the classroom can make their own chocolate and top it with decorations of their choice. Therefore no one misses out on the fun.
We would really appreciate your help in reaching our goal and in helping the local community. However, we understand that appreciation doesn't go a long way. We have therefore decided that for every donation you make, we will be rewarding you with one of the following (please make sure you submit your email address when donating, so that we can get in touch with you):
1. £10 - A written thanks on our website
2. £20 - A written thanks on our website and a box of 4 of our signature handmade truffles
3. £30 - A written thanks on our website plus 2 hot chocolates and a box of 4 of our signature handmade truffles
4. £45 - A written thanks on our website and a box of 16 of our signature handmade truffles
5. £90 - A written thanks on our website plus a chocolate hamper box full of our signature handmade truffles, chocolate, and other favourites
6. £300 - A written thanks on our website plus a chocolate experience for 2 ( this involves chocolate tasting, truffle making, unlimited chocolate fondue, chocolate hamper, 1 hot chocolate and 12 truffles each)
7. £500 - A written thanks in the silver section of our website plus a chocolate experience for 2 (as above). Not only this but you will go on the chocolate board as a silver member, giving you the opportunity to be on tasting panels for our new chocolates.
8. £1000 A written thanks in the gold section of our website and a chocolate experience for 2. You will also go on the chocolate board as a gold member, giving you the opportunity to be on tasting panels for our new chocolates. Finally, you will get a gold metal coloured card giving you 10% off chocolate truffles for life.
We really appreciate any support you are able to provide us with and we would love for you to come and talk to us at our store. We are located within Birmingham's Jewellery Quarter on Spencer Street, B18 6DD. Equally, you can contact us at email@example.com if you have any further questions.
Once again thank you for taking the time to read this and assisting us on our mission we really value all the support you provide!
Kempes and Maninder :)