We need your help to provide mobility independence to the disabled community!
Our team is creating an alternative to electric wheelchairs that saves the user and their families tens of thousands of dollars.
After 6 months of persistence and hard work, we have developed a fully functional prototype device that makes ANY manual wheelchair fully electric.
We call it the ProPulse.Product testing is extremely costly,
especially for a team of recent college graduates. Your contributions, no matter how large or small, will allow us to fund prototyping and testing expenses
. Our goal is to introduce the ProPulse to the disability community by March 2020,
but we can't do it without your help. Join us in our mission to provide undenied mobility to the world.
The ProPulse began as a Mechanical Engineering project at the University of Central Florida. However, after hours of speaking to wheelchair users, we realized that there is a serious need for this device.
Disabled individuals have been left with few options to get access to powered wheelchairs. The high cost
and long wait for electric wheelchairs
has affected hundreds of thousands of people. Right now, there are over 52,000 Go-Fund-Me campaigns related to funding wheelchairs.
Most of the time, insurance companies consider wheelchair users "not disabled enough"
to receive a powered wheelchair. These individuals are faced with two options: either long term damage to their shoulders, or lose their independence and rely on a caregiver to push them. Even with the help of insurance, wheelchair users face a minimum of $45,000 in bank loans
to pay for their wheelchair-accessible transportation. We need your help to change this.
Together, let's give affordable independence and freedom of mobility back to wheelchair users worldwide.
Meet The Team:
Our team's core members are 3 recent engineering graduates from the University of Central Florida. Although we come from different backgrounds, we have come together through our passion to help the wheelchair community. Steve Miller: Lead Mechanical Engineer
- Steve lives and breaths engineering. From his experience at BMW and Lockheed Martin, he provides our team with manufacturing and design expertise. He believes customer input is critical in the product design process.Danny San Martin: Electrical and Computer Engineering Lead
- Danny is our medical guru. He has 4 years of experience in the medical field directing a leading medical practice that specializes in PRP and stem cell treatment. Danny has a passion for helping those in need, and brings that passion to the ProPulse team.
Juan Vila: Team Lead and Mechanical Engineer
- Juan is the guy who is always thinking ahead. He has spent the past 4 years of his professional career working at a technology startup, where he led a team of engineering interns developing the next generation of affordable prosthetic limbs.Aziz Alyousef: The man, the legend.
-Aziz is the first to try out our prototypes, and the first to tell us how we can improve. His advice and participation have been a central part of the ProPulse design process. He is a proud member of our family of undenied-mobility advocates. Product Features:
· Low Cost
· 360-Degree Turning
· Off-Road Capable
· Extremely Light and Portable
· Backup Sensor
· Multi-Day Battery Life
· Quick and Simple Mounting
· Able to Drive on Inclines
· Water Resistant
· Controlled by Joystick
· Phone Charging
Our team would like to send a special thank you to our videographer, Ryan Mayers. |
To stay up to date with the project |