TL;DR: donate to help a broke transfemme teacher with travel, surgery, and aftercare costs!
Hi, I'm Sara (she/her). Let me tell you about the love of my life and partner of 15 years, Trevana (they/them) aka Spillious:
- They are the beloved parent of 4 wonderful kids, 3 of whom are adults and one very spirited 4-year-old.
- They are a dedicated educator as a secondary school teacher and coordinator for SOGI (sexual orientation & gender identity) in their school district.
- They have given dozens of workshops on gender identity, sometimes in hostile environments, to help fellow parents and educators gain compassion and understanding for the gender-diverse youth in their care.
- They are the primary (and majority, by far) income earner in our family in a city with the highest cost of living in Canada.
- They are an accomplished musician and the current coordinator for the Vancouver Poetry Slam. Spillious has been performing slam poetry for 17 years and has been on national teams. They have also released chapbooks of their poetry and toured North America.
Spillious - Wonder Woman
In 2015, Trevana bravely came out to the world as a transgender woman and, due to the support of their school district, was able to finally live as their authentic self without fear of losing their job - unlike the experience of a lot of transgender folks.
Anyone who has met Trev will know they are always busy - working tirelessly (yes, ESPECIALLY in the summer), taxi driver (I don't drive... :P), going to shows to support friends or starring in one themself.
A short while after 'coming out', our little one came into our lives, and Trevana's transitioning journey took the backburner. Money has been tight and they are so selfless that even a simple name change hasn't happened! And then a pandemic hit, but...
GOOD NEWS! They are approved for gender-affirming surgery in Montreal this fall!
We're asking you to please donate to make this vital medical care possible.
What the funds will go towards:
- Return flights for Trevana and Sara to Montreal and costs associated with the ~10-day stay, including return flights for our youngest daughter to stay with family. This is definitely the most significant cost!
- Recovery supplies & medications
- Legal name change
- The trans agenda... ha!
Trevana deserves this but we need your help!