If you are looking for an impactful project this Holiday season, share your love with 80 deaf and mute children in Sierra Leone's National School for the Deaf! Any donation will make a huge difference for these kids!
Of course, there are plenty of children in the world who need our help.
Yet, there is a very special group of children who needs your help badly.
Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider helping them:
- During the rainy season, flooding prevents these students from attending classes
- Some classrooms are very dark, as they are located below ground level
- Many children need a PLACE TO STAY overnight, but it’s dangerous for them to walk in city traffic
- There is ONLY one toilet for the whole school
- There are NOT enough textbooks, and the school uniforms are worn out
- Kids are not well fed. Some have NO MONEY for a proper MEAL
- Many students walk BAREFOOT
And if that is not enough, these students are DEAF and MUTE.
Please join Hope for Lives in Sierra Leone and its partners to help The National School for the Deaf raise much needed funds for basic school and student needs.
Currently, there are 80 pupils in this school. They are talented, kind and diligent students.
They need your support! Every dollar counts. Please consider supporting this worthy cause.
This year, to help in this endeavor, our new partner, Humaniq, a fintech startup, has developed a blockchain-based platform where donors can also donate cryptocurrency directly to the school (care.humaniq.com).
Please make a difference in the lives of these kids this holiday.
Look at the list of needs below, and decide for yourself.
1) Tuition fee per child for the whole year or a set of 12 books – $13.95
Think of it - 4 cups of your favorite Starbucks Caffe Latte can buy a whole year of the school tuition or a set of textbooks for a kid in Sierra Leone!
2) The cost of stationary (pencils, erasers, pens, rulers, chalkboard, etc.) is even less - $11.62.
3) Another perfect gift would be a pair of shoes or a few school bags –$5.80.
4) One set of school uniform costs only $9.30, and usually the school needs 3 sets per pupil per year, a total of $27.90.
If you are ready to donate, just press the donate button. If you'd like to, you can indicate what specific need you would like to support.
You can donate as little as $1 or more to help us reach the goal of $5,000 to cover all 80 students' needs this year.
And if you want to go one step further, please consider donating $5 per teacher. All of our teachers are volunteers, and they will surely be happy to have a little something to support their families.
Thank you so much to you all, and please make a difference today - donate NOW so that we can send the money to the kids right away.
Thank you all so very much, and hope that you have a blessed holiday season!
With deep appreciation,
Bobby Smith, CEO and Founder
Hope for Lives in Sierra Leone