A Virtual Fundraiser for the STL Hospitality Industry
(Please make sure you read the guidelines for the donation process below, so your money is sure to go exactly where you would like.)
As we all know, these are trying times for so many in our city, in this country, and around the world. While we come to terms with the realities we are facing, the hospitality industry is taking one of the biggest hits thus far. Thousands in our areas have suddenly found themselves without jobs this week, many of them who work for tips and/or live paycheck to paycheck. That uncertainty is a lingering tragedy felt deeply within our community.
Some restaurants are doing their best to stay open for delivery and pickup, but even that limitation drastically scales down their staff needs. We are all searching for ways to help our co-workers, our colleagues, and our community. Along with this fundraiser, please continue to support those restaurants as best you can!
We would like this page to serve as an opportunity to give back to all of the servers, bartenders, chefs, cooks, sommeliers, hosts, bar backs, utility workers, and more that have spent every work hour of the last weeks, months, and years doing all they can to create a happy, delicious, exciting, memorable experiences for each and every guest! We spend our lives trying to help, service, feed, and entertain others -- unfortunately it's now time to reverse roles for a moment.
THIS GOFUNDME IS SET UP A LITTLE DIFFERENTLY THAN MOST...
We are asking for contributions of any amount, that will be reallocated directly to the restaurant or bar of your choosing (other food/drink businesses are welcome, as long as we can definitively know how to get the funds to them).
WHEN YOU MAKE A DONATION:
- Attach any amount you want.
- You must comment in your donation, on the comments page, or send us a note about the restaurant you would like your money to support. Anonymous donations' recipients will be noted by admin in the comments section as well.
- Your chosen establishment must be located in the St. Louis Metro Area (STL city, STL county, St. Charles, and/or IL within about 15 miles of downtown STL)
- Please note that GFM takes a 3% processing fee, so this will slightly alter the final monetary value.
- Depending on how long we can keep this successful, we will do weekly (every 7-10 days) withdrawals and distribute that money.
- The log of donations here will serve as a definitive record of how much money each establishment receives.
- We will have full transparency regarding funds.
- Please feel free to ask questions or check in with us at any time.
- If we are unable to establish contact with the owner/manager of your choice, we will contact you.
WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO DONATE TO AS MANY PLACES AS YOU CAN -- SPREAD THE LOVE!!! We don't want you to have to choose just one team to support! We appreciate every dollar that comes in!
* Please also remember... an average restaurant receives at least 10-20 (that's probably aiming low TBH) donation requests each month for events, charities, fundraisers, etc. So for all those times they came through for your cause, we are asking you return the favor here.
** Any service industry folks who would like to get involved with this initiative, please contact STLwinegirl and Love to Eat Eat to Love Founder, Angela Ortmann.
*** These details will be updated as we navigate through this process.
- Abbey Blue
- Dianne Glynn5524
- Angela and Lance Stockinger
- Charles Guthrie
- Andrew Knaack
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more