Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue is a nonprofit rescue organization that has rescued, rehabilitated, and rehomed over 4000 animals for the past 20 years. Rory O’Neill (a professional dog behaviourist) and her fiancé fostered rescued animals from their own home. Earlier this year, Rory experienced the sudden loss of her fiancé. In addition to dealing with the tough COVID-19 circumstance, she has been managing this recuse all by herself. Her true passion for helping homeless animals find a home has kept her impelled despite the series of unfortunate events that have unraveled this year. After volunteering at the shelter and seeing her being exhausted and under immense pressure. We are convinced she needs her community to help her regulate this rescue.
Rory founded Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue near Calgary, Canada, in 2000. She has rescued, trained, and rehabilitated thousands of animals from all over North America but mainly from reserves here in Canada.
Volunteering at this rescue for the past few months, we have discovered multiple much-needed renovations. Not only to help this organization function properly but also to provide a safe environment for Rory and the animals.
The funds will contribute towards:
Recently, just last month, a 20-meter tall tree fell onto the house, destroying the patio fencing and significantly damaging other parts of the roof, fortunately, no animals were harmed.
- Removal of the trees throughout the property and creating proper sheltered housing for the animals (e.g. kitten/puppy wards, kennels, etc.) would ensure to keep them safe from future disasters.
There have been several times where thieves have come onto the property and stolen maintenance equipment and other essentials.
- Reinforcing a fence around the front of the property would stop this recurring problem.
- Properly cleaning the property and disposing of waste.
The funds will also go towards:
- Animal Supplies (such as water, food, blankets, pee pads and toys)
- Rescue Animals' housing at the shelter (Kennels, etc.)
- Administrative equipment (Computer, Office supplies)
- Animal supplies (Food, Blankets, Toys)
- Future Rescues (Travel expenses)
The animal rescue is in constant need of maintenance and support. All proceeds will directly be given to Rory and her rescue. Your efforts will not only help lighten Rory's situation but will help the countless animals that come in and out of this rescue. This mission needs your support!
We sincerely thank you for taking the time to understand and support this cause!
*Feel free to Check out the Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue Website:
*Rocky Mountain Animal Rescue Facebook Page:
- Geoffrey Huang
- Sarmad Manzar
- Richard Gingrich
Fundraising team (2)
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more