On Wednesday 17th November 2021 our clubroom and workshop areas were totally destroyed by fire.
This is a huge loss for a lot of people, not only the current members but also the visitors to the McClelland Gallery who could pop in to visit when the clubrooms were open, as the club was situated on the Gallery's grounds.
Not only was this a place to meet, create, and learn new skills. The club was a venue to feel included, to make friends and help one another. Our club members come from an array of demographics; starting from 12 years old, and those who are well into their retirement years, as well as many ethnic backgrounds. Everyone was welcome at our clubrooms.
COVID-19 and the lockdowns tested all of us greatly; the fire inferno at the club has made it even harder to overcome the hardship of returning to some semblances of post COVID-19 normality.
We need help to rebuild, to rise from the ashes. We need a home to provide support to our local community, NOW - we need that more than ever before.
The club members are devastated by the loss. Nothing could be salvaged, nothing. The shed, the equipment, the minerals collection the little kitchen we had, all gone, all completely destroyed by fire.
Please donate, to help us rebuild. Every donation will be greatly appreciated, and will be used to rebuild our club and the workshops we lost, so that our community can once again meet to spend time together working, talking, learning, and socialising ~ as we have been doing for the past 55 years and 1 month!
DonationsSee top donations
- Bendigo Gem Club
- Canberra Lapidary Club
- Susan Tosch
- Bernard Malic
Organizer and beneficiary
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more