Shinbushido-Kyo has adopted the core tenets and virtues of Bushido developed by Dr. Nitobe Inazo in his turn of the 20th century work "Bushido: The Soul Of Japan," which are stated as:
Shinbushido-Kyo believes that through rigorous training in the martial arts (Shugyo), coupled with intense study of martial arts classics and ethics (Gaku), humans can achieve personal Enlightenment (Satori). Through the pursuit of Enlightenment, the human condition can rise above the stresses of the material world and act as a beacon of hope to be looked up to by others.
Looking up to the martial artists of old and classical Eastern Philosophers (Bosatsu) for guidance, any human has the ability to raise to the heights of the masters of old. As Yamamoto Tsunetomo said in his classical work the Hagakure:
"It is spiritless to think that you cannot attain that which you have seen and heard the masters obtain. The masters are human. You are also a human. If you think you are inferior in doing something, you will be on that road very soon."
We are seeking national recognition as an established theological belief system and raising funds to begin circulation of our texts as well as for filing fees so that we can file as a church with the IRS so that we can carry out our mission.
Shinbushido-Kyo places a strong emphasis on education and seeks to make readily available classical theological and philosophical concepts through:
1) Widespread circulation of classical and modern East Asian Theological and Philosophical texts
2) Creating commentary on classical and modern East Asian texts
3) The creation of online education courses relating to Bushido ethics and thought
4) Supporting and promoting art and music related to martial arts, Asian thought and meditation practices
5) Offering tutoring services for those interested in learning more about classical East Asian philosophy
6) Holding regular podcasts relating to martial arts and creating theological and philosophical discussion topics
7) Organizing martial arts events
8) Publishing new books & materials laying out a cohesive picture of Shinbushido-Kyo's theological and philosophical concepts
With your help you can help contribute to our mission so that we may get official recognition and be able to begin our mission.
We already have a book in publication titled "Shinbushido-Kyo: The New Way of the Warrior Theology" available HERE
We have begun making courses available to the public as well available HERE & HERE
Please also feel free to visit our website for more information HERE
Thank you all for your help and support, Osu!
-Kancho Hagen (Founder & Director of Shinbushido-Kyo)
Your donation matters
#1 fundraising platform
More people start fundraisers on GoFundMe than on any other platform. Learn more
In the rare case something isn’t right, we will work with you to determine if misuse occurred. Learn more
Expert advice, 24/7
Contact us with your questions and we’ll answer, day or night. Learn more